X JAPAN

X Japan will be one of those 2 PM bands....with so many more well known acts playing....this is a band virtually unknown to the typical person who goes to this fest.

As a heads up...for anyone seriously considering going to this....book a hotel now. Seriously...any hotel in the area get booked up right after the previous years festival. So much also goes on in the city at this same time.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that I'll be there! :) As far as I know, the band hasn't released an official announcement confirming their plans yet. During their video shoot in Hollywood last month, this rumor started but it was never confirmed. Last week at the Grammys, apparently the correspondent of a Japanese news channel got Yoshiki to "confirm" the Lolla show. So.... who knows, really.

On a related note, you guys will really like this band too: Seikima II (who are headlining this year's A-Kon convention in Dallas! First show since 1999, first in the U.S.!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhI2u7FA5BA

FUCK YEAH!!!!!! Houston here i come!!!!!!

Well I think it's pretty obvious that I'll be there! :) As far as I know, the band hasn't released an official announcement confirming their plans yet. During their video shoot in Hollywood last month, this rumor started but it was never confirmed. Last week at the Grammys, apparently the correspondent of a Japanese news channel got Yoshiki to "confirm" the Lolla show. So.... who knows, really.

On a related note, you guys will really like this band too: Seikima II (who are headlining this year's A-Kon convention in Dallas! First show since 1999, first in the U.S.!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhI2u7FA5BA

Haha crazy. Like Kiss mixed with old X-Japan, minus the punk beats, and more heavy metal than Kiss rock.

Actually, aren't tickets already sold out, or certain packages?

From what I recall, after last year's Lolla they had a very small amount of tickets to be sold at the 2009 price, which basically means the price will go up this year. As far as what it will be, I have no clue. Soon they will put tickets on sale for the event before the lineup is announced (which will only be 3-day) and then when they announce the lineup and schedule, they'll have the 3-day in addition to the individual days as well.

Jeez, I better really start paying attention then. Any idea when the 3-day ones will go on sale?

re: Seikima II, I'll be there to find out if they still can, Kaosaur. I'll tell you all about it :p

Jeez, I better really start paying attention then. Any idea when the 3-day ones will go on sale?

re: Seikima II, I'll be there to find out if they still can, Kaosaur. I'll tell you all about it :p

No clue. I would think soon. I believe I heard the rest of the lineup would be announced by the end of the month. Since I've gone before, I usually get email reminders. I just hope they have some decent headliners to get me to go. That's usually what makes it or breaks it for me.

I went to one when it first came out, wow a really long fest. Tool was one of the headliners and put on a good show but the rest is a blur. Is there definitive info on this? I don't want to purchase tickets and then find out it wasn't official or X-Japan pulls out leaving a not so great fest I wasn't enthusiastic about in the first place APART from X-Japan. Also Illinois is freezing like every month except June and July.. so I'm not all that happy going there in the first place.

I went to one when it first came out, wow a really long fest. Tool was one of the headliners and put on a good show but the rest is a blur. Is there definitive info on this? I don't want to purchase tickets and then find out it wasn't official or X-Japan pulls out leaving a not so great fest I wasn't enthusiastic about in the first place APART from X-Japan. Also Illinois is freezing like every month except June and July.. so I'm not all that happy going there in the first place.

You're vastly exaggerating to say Illinois is freezing every month outside of June and July. In fact, August (which so happens to be the month Lolla is) is the hottest month of the year, and that weekend is always hotter than hell. The only months really where it can be freezing is November thru March or April, and even those months are just cold or cool, not freezing.

As far as it being official, no it hasn't been announced yet. However, considering it came from the band, I'm sure it'll pan out. However, you can't even get regular tickets yet. Wait until the end of the month to hear the official word.

You're vastly exaggerating to say Illinois is freezing every month outside of June and July. In fact, August (which so happens to be the month Lolla is) is the hottest month of the year, and that weekend is always hotter than hell. The only months really where it can be freezing is November thru March or April, and even those months are just cold or cool, not freezing.

As far as it being official, no it hasn't been announced yet. However, considering it came from the band, I'm sure it'll pan out. However, you can't even get regular tickets yet. Wait until the end of the month to hear the official word.

Exaggerating yea:) Vastly I dunno about that. I like it cold, love air conditioning, and even ice cream in the winter, but not Illinois cold. That's just painful. And it was colder MUCH longer in Illinois than in NJ NY PA or any other state on the East Coast/Tri State area. The first time I came there I about cried it was so cold.. I was in shock. They even had railings around buildings so that people wouldn't fly away, it was ridiculous.

See if it came from the band, that's especially why I hesitate as others have pointed out, their long term plans that they announce usually don't pan out.. ie their US tour which comes to mind recently. And now with Toshis health issues, besides Yoshikis, I wonder even more. Ok I'll check back to the website.. I hope it works out. I've been waiting to see them since the early 90s.

There is an article that says Lollapalooza has confirmed X JAPAN ... sort of.

The Lollapalooza site is hinting at their line up by revealing random letters Hangman-style. If you look at the list, you can see there is one spot where X JAPAN would fit perfectly.

So is it too early to assume they are confirmed? Is it still too vague? I guess we'll find out on April 6th.

Based on the location of where they'd be on the band list, someone told me they'd probably get an hour set around 3pm.

Based on the location of where they'd be on the band list, someone told me they'd probably get an hour set around 3pm.

Sounds about right as far as where I see them on the list if it is indeed them. Even if they weren't, most bands at Lolla get a minimum of 45 minutes anyways.

Was never much of a X Japan fan but heard there song on the closing credits to one of the Saw sequals and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeyoxuhX-dQ

That's a great song! Nice to finally see one of the videos they made in Hollywood a couple months ago. ((Hadn't seen the final products yet, if you can believe it)). I love how they worked hideto into it.

Glad they're officially announced! Guess it takes away the mystery of what I want to do for my 30th birthday, now doesn't it? :cool:

Also, Hot Chip!