Baltimore
Visit site
MIKE SEIPP'S EGGNOG

makes 8 cups I double the recipe

2 cups of bourbon - I use Old Forrester
1 1/2 cups of sugar
6 egg yolks, beaten
4 cups of whipping cream

Blend bourbon and sugar in large mixing bowl. let sit overnight. Beat egg yolks until they turn pale yellow (this is important do not cheat on this). Add to the bourbon mix. Mix well takes five to ten minutes of mixing do not beat them rather fold them together. Cover and sit in fridge for two hours.
Whip cream, add to bourbon mixture. It will be very creamy at first and than slowly become more soupy as it warms up.

Have fun. Warn folks it is potent

i like non-alcoholic eggnog. screw the likker stuff.

omg they're selling VANILLA EGG NOG in stores now! i would buy some, but I only saw half-gallons, and I can't drink more than a tiny cup of it every week or two.

i'd probably have to go to whole foods to find silk nog, but i'm willing to give it a try.

the recipe sounds good though. i may try that for the family gathering and not mention what's in it so maybe some people will pass out in the corner and leave me alone.

i stopped at whole foods on the way home and, on a whim, picked up a carton of silk nog. that shit is GOOD! it tastes like real egg nog, but not quite as thick and rich, which is good--i always buy the Lite egg nog and wish it were even a little Liter.

i wish i still ate cereal--egg nog on cereal is great. also in hot chocolate or coffee.