Xentrix

ddhase

MetalHead
Oct 4, 2008
I just discovered this band and thought the kicked ass, they're from England and I know a lot of you guys on here are from England.
any other Xentrix fans? Thrasherdave I know you can tell me something about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, most people who come across Xentrix trip balls at first and go into raging fanboy mode but in all honesty, there's nothing special about them at all.

Their first two albums 'Shattered Existence' and 'For Whose Advantage?' are pretty good in places, but most of what they released afterwards isn't so great. Their final album 'Scourge' (1996) is the only one I actually own, and that's pure drivel with the exception of a few parts here and there and the stomping intro track 13 Years. The only reason anyone actually remembers who Xentrix are is because they did a Ghostbusters cover, which was probably the worst career move they ever made since that was pretty much the reason they went down the shitter.

I know they did a reunion show in 2006 - I think Evile may have actually opened that show - and then that was it. My friend Chris Phillips' brother plays in a band called Xerath and they used to rehearse next door to Xentrix a couple of years back - despite the fact Xentrix weren't an active band they still jammed together for fun apparently.

So yeah. Xentrix get a 6/10 from me, their first two albums are kinda fun for awhile but they're about as special as a cheese sandwich. And not even a toasted one.

I disagree. The first two albums are thrash gold. Yeah, the other two suck hard, but that's true of lots of bands. The first half of Shattered Existence is pretty much up there with any melodic thrash album out there. And yeah, fuck their cover of Ghostbusters...

Each to their own Joe, but like I said - MOST cases I've seen with Xentrix tends to follow a formula of 'Discover band - hail band as amazing - bum band relentlessly for awhile - get bored - realise they're actually not that special - forget about them - later, spin SE or FWA? on the odd occasion'

That's pretty much it haha. I like the first two but I don't listen to them often at all, I think the last time I actually heard any Xentrix was probably in 2008.

Thrash bands? Dunno, I think they're my favourites... Not a fan of Acid Reign's vocals and I know you love Onslaught but I do prefer Xentrix! Sorry. And Slammer were among the most derivative thrash bands I've ever heard...

Obviously you've not listened to the brilliance of Deathwish. Also, don't forget about Sabbat, Lawnmower Deth, Hydra Vein, Toranaga, Re-Animator, D.A.M, Energetic Krusher, Virus, Seventh Angel, Hellbastard, Cerebral Fix... the list goes on and on.

Deathwish? No man, I'll check them out. But seriously dude, Toranaga?? They were weak as watered-down cat's piss... And try as I might I just can't really get into Sabbat, though I like their experimental edge. And Hellbastard pretty much sucked from what I remember... I'll give some of the others a spin, I've got most of them on my computer at home... But don't ever tell me Toranaga were better than Xentrix!! :lol:

Okay. Toranaga were definitely better than Xentrix though :p But seriously, checkDeathwish the hell out bro. Class thrash, probably leaning a little more on the NWOBHM side for the most part but their second album 'Demon Preacher' is amazing. Also, up yours - Hellbastard is amazing :lol:

*makes a face like Joe*

See, most people who come across Xentrix trip balls at first and go into raging fanboy mode but in all honesty, there's nothing special about them at all.

Their first two albums 'Shattered Existence' and 'For Whose Advantage?' are pretty good in places, but most of what they released afterwards isn't so great. Their final album 'Scourge' (1996) is the only one I actually own, and that's pure drivel with the exception of a few parts here and there and the stomping intro track 13 Years. The only reason anyone actually remembers who Xentrix are is because they did a Ghostbusters cover, which was probably the worst career move they ever made since that was pretty much the reason they went down the shitter.

I know they did a reunion show in 2006 - I think Evile may have actually opened that show - and then that was it. My friend Chris Phillips' brother plays in a band called Xerath and they used to rehearse next door to Xentrix a couple of years back - despite the fact Xentrix weren't an active band they still jammed together for fun apparently.

So yeah. Xentrix get a 6/10 from me, their first two albums are kinda fun for awhile but they're about as special as a cheese sandwich. And not even a toasted one.

Off topic, but Xerath are pretty cool.

I'll leave now.

I think their first three albums are pretty good, particularly their cover of Gillan's "White Faces, Running, City Boy." But really, they're nothing really special. I do think they're worth letting other people know about them in case they have some crazy affinity for them for no reason (other than the fact there weren't a lot of big UK thrash outfits perhaps, I dunno). I'd give them a 7/10 overall. I wouldn't even count in the 4th album so whatever lol

two bands that really are amazing that people need to get into are Satan and Attacker.

seriously guys

Xentrix weren't great on record, but they were excellent live. Worst thing they ever did was that flipping GhostBusters cover.....it was funny the first time, but cringeworthy after that.

two bands that really are amazing that people need to get into are Satan and Attacker.

seriously guys

Satan went on to form Pariah whose second album 'Blaze of Obscurity' is probably one of my favourite thrash albums ever. Hunt that shit down.

Worst thing they ever did was that flipping GhostBusters cover.....it was funny the first time, but cringeworthy after that.

Indeed - apparently that's what ended their career, because it was pretty much the only thing people wanted to hear. No idea if that's true or not, if so then I kinda feel sorry for 'em.