xmas politics

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
Seasons Greetings!

For My Liberal Friends: "Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends: Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

prime666 said:
Seasons Greetings!

For My Liberal Friends: "Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends: Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

:lol: :lol: Totally hilarious!

eeh, the liberal part is funny but the part about Republicans needs a better counterpart something like: "Merry Christmas, by that I mean, enjoy the crass commericalization of the ideals of Jesus by helping the economy by buying a stupid item no one needs and was made in a sweat shop in China. And remember Jesus was a capitalist and liberals are ruining our traditional religious ways by no longer letting us look at stupid nativity scenes"

happy_everything.jpg

:D

I tell all my clients where I work at "merry christmas" too. Unless they're jewish or muslim. I just say "happy holidays" to them. If it wasn't for Christmas, nobody would bid anyone a happy holiday anyway. I've never seen anyone bid anyone a happy rammaddan and not too many happy chaunakah's either. I'm not a christian fundamentalist by any means. I am however pissed at the political attack on Christmas.

I got some awesome presents for Christmas this year:

a nice bottle of flor the cana rum. it's the best that money can't buy here in the states. Maybe in cali but here on the east coast, it had to be imported directly from nicaragua

some fine cigars, sweaters, socks, pj's, a state of the art chef's deep fryer (i'm an amater chef as well as wine buff), a handful of gift certificate's for which I do hope to actually use soon as I still have some from previous years in my wallet. This client from work gave a bottle of veritas. It's a nice bottle of red wine from sonoma.

my boss gave me jan 6 off for Christmas so that I can go to the Anthrax show in Baltimore. Taking my friend. We're both bigger fans of the Bush fronted Anthrax. Still going anyway. The way we look at it, "it's still Anthrax". And it's surely way better than most of the shows that come through here. Although I shouldn't talk..I've missed alot of shows lately because I've been so busy with work, chicks, friends and family.

AlexStomp said:
I tell all my clients where I work at "merry christmas" too. Unless they're jewish or muslim. I just say "happy holidays" to them. If it wasn't for Christmas, nobody would bid anyone a happy holiday anyway. I've never seen anyone bid anyone a happy rammaddan and not too many happy chaunakah's either. I'm not a christian fundamentalist by any means. I am however pissed at the political attack on Christmas.

I got some awesome presents for Christmas this year:

a nice bottle of flor the cana rum. it's the best that money can't buy here in the states. Maybe in cali but here on the east coast, it had to be imported directly from nicaragua

some fine cigars, sweaters, socks, pj's, a state of the art chef's deep fryer (i'm an amater chef as well as wine buff), a handful of gift certificate's for which I do hope to actually use soon as I still have some from previous years in my wallet. This client from work gave a bottle of veritas. It's a nice bottle of red wine from sonoma.

my boss gave me jan 6 off for Christmas so that I can go to the Anthrax show in Baltimore. Taking my friend. We're both bigger fans of the Bush fronted Anthrax. Still going anyway. The way we look at it, "it's still Anthrax". And it's surely way better than most of the shows that come through here. Although I shouldn't talk..I've missed alot of shows lately because I've been so busy with work, chicks, friends and family.

There is a political attack on Christmas? You mean you weren't allowed to celebrate because the government was about to jail you? Gee, I guess I didn't know. I must watch more Fox News

ZeeZooZum said:
There is a political attack on Christmas? You mean you weren't allowed to celebrate because the government was about to jail you? Gee, I guess I didn't know. I must watch more Fox News

Yes, there is a political attack on Christmas. And no, there was never a threat to be put in jail, but there was the risk of losing my job if I had offended the wrong person. Smart ass. People are very sensitive in my line of work, especially at my company. Thanks for your concern though. Nice try with the Fox News bit too. I barely watch TV, I read the Wash Post. And if you're attacking Fox News' style of reporting, you just exposed yourself to being a viewer. Duh.

AlexStomp said:
Yes, there is a political attack on Christmas. And no, there was never a threat to be put in jail, but there was the risk of losing my job if I had offended the wrong person. Smart ass. People are very sensitive in my line of work, especially at my company. Thanks for your concern though. Nice try with the Fox News bit too. I barely watch TV, I read the Wash Post. And if you're attacking Fox News' style of reporting, you just exposed yourself to being a viewer. Duh.

I still don't follow how what you describe is a political attack on Christmas. The threat of offending someone doesn't rise to the level of "political attack." Perhaps you can explain to me how there is something political, as opposed to simply cultural, involved in the process? Your situation sounds no different than what a a lot of people deal with through out the entire year. Offend the wrong person, who is too easily offened in the first place, and your done.

I do watch Fox News. If I didn't, I wouldn't have know there is a war on Christmas and that I had to stay in bomb shelter just to be safe.

ZeeZooZum said:
I still don't follow how what you describe is a political attack on Christmas. The threat of offending someone doesn't rise to the level of "political attack." Perhaps you can explain to me how there is something political, as opposed to simply cultural, involved in the process? Your situation sounds no different than what a a lot of people deal with through out the entire year. Offend the wrong person, who is too easily offened in the first place, and your done.

I do watch Fox News. If I didn't, I wouldn't have know there is a war on Christmas and that I had to stay in bomb shelter just to be safe.

There's a difference between offending someone by saying "Merry Christmas" to them as opposed to "Happy Holidays" than by saying "Fuck you, you Jew".

The latter, I can totally understand getting fired for. And don't call me racist or whatever because I'm merely making an example.