XM's Liquid Metal changed

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
XM 42 Liquid Metal is now Sirius' metal channel and I haven't decided if its any better (not that XMLM was perfect). So far, I've noticed a lot more clean singing, thrash, and old school (36 Crazy Fists, Slipnot, Napalm Death, Iron Maiden) whereas XMLM has always been really heavy but with too much an emphasis on American metal.

I wish they would have a metal channel that really goes for it with heaping doses of Grind, Black, Progressive, and Death metal with a greater emphasis on European acts (who honestly are the bread and butter of metal for the last 25 years).

The closest outlet that really seems to appeal to a variety of metal tastes is the cable music channel Music Choice-Metal. You can tell their programmer "gets it".

edit: XM 42 is playing the new Gojira right this second...that's cool:worship:

Or you could just stop wasting money and buy an MP3//CD player for your car. works wonders, haven't listened to the radio in 8 years.

XMLM has always been really heavy but with too much an emphasis on American metal.

Yep. I still listen to it but it really annoys me that they are so focused on American metal. I haven't listened to it much today but when I turned it on, they were playing Slipknot, Machine Head and Lamb of God. It is still better than most of their other channels but a better mix would be nice.

Or you could just stop wasting money and buy an MP3//CD player for your car. works wonders, haven't listened to the radio in 8 years.
If you haven't listened then you can't really be too sure about that. I wouldn't listen to AM/FM radio if you put a gun to my head, but satellite rules. And not just for music.

The Opie and Anthony show is brutally, and consistently very funny. I couldn't live without that show, and the vulgarity that they plow through on a daily basis can be found nowhere else.