XM's Liquid Metal returns!

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
They just announced it today on the Opie and Anthony show! Finally, after hearing all the bitching, they brought it back. Now I don't have to get Sirius just for their metal channel. Just hope they update the playlist now and incorporate a lot more European and classic metal.

BTW, yes I know its been available online the whole time, but is it really the same as being able to listen to it in your car?

The Poona of Peshwa said:
I was pretty disappointed with Heart Attack on Sirius. It's like 85% metalcore, and they play nothing from labels smaller than Century Media.

They usually play all the death metal and grind stuff at night. I've only heard opeth on hard attack once though, but it was in the morning. But you are right, most if it is metal core.

Ah, I heard April Ethereal at like 7 pm once,they even had a little thingy where they go "Hey this is Peter" "and this is Mikael, and we are Opeth, and you are listening to Heart. Attack."

The Poona of Peshwa said:
Ah, I heard April Ethereal at like 7 pm once,they even had a little thingy where they go "Hey this is Peter" "and this is Mikael, and we are Opeth, and you are listening to Heart. Attack."

My boss told me she heard Opeth in her car this morning on Hard Attack. She's into punk but I'm getting her into Opeth. :headbang:

I've heard Heart Attack on occasion. Sounds like they're playing a song that lasts an hour usually. So little variety in styles.

They would be best served by pretty much copying MusicChoice's (Digital Cable) playlist. They have a sweet mix of old and new, with the new "hits" getting a bit of a rotation. "Beneath the Mire" was on a semi-heavy rotation recently, for example. Their playlist is from all eras of metal and features European and American bands in good proportion. All styles seem to be represented too.

A bit too much to ask for XMLM (which is heavily American metal) but one can hope.

Risquit said:
They just announced it today on the Opie and Anthony show! Finally, after hearing all the bitching, they brought it back. Now I don't have to get Sirius just for their metal channel. Just hope they update the playlist now and incorporate a lot more European and classic metal.

BTW, yes I know its been available online the whole time, but is it really the same as being able to listen to it in your car?

Does anyone know when it is coming back on the air? I cancelled my XM when they got rid of it and my wife still has it and checked out 42 today and nothing. I will get it back when it comes on the air!!