Y&T Vegas 2016

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/y-and-t/2016/counts-vampd-las-vegas-nv-6bf3c22e.html

Got a sweet deal on hotel & accomodation so I headed to Vegas last week. First night, I went to the Tropicana for my third Raiding the Rock Vault show. Afterwards, got various CDs signed (Rough Cutt, King Kobra and Grand Prix). Chatted with Andrew Freeman about the upcoming Last In Line album and Paul and Robin about their previous work. Always a fun show and everyone in the cast is pleasant.

Next up was Y&T. Fortunately, AC/DC were playing the MGM Grand so Count's Vampd was manageable this year. Got in, bought a few shirts and hit the patio for a Stella or two. Opening bands singer sounded like Belladonna. Lots of deep and obscure cuts from the 90s were played. Sadly, Pretty Prison was not one of them. Dave was having fun and only 1 tune kinda faltered. Think it was either Hungry for Rock or Hurricane. Apparently, Brad Lang screwed up a riff but it was all smiles. Kinda like Vulcain's mishap at Wings. Good to be different but admittedly I would have liked hearing Knock You Out, Surrender, This Time, Lonely Side of Town etc. Anything that wasn't Summertime Girls.

Final show was Andrew Dice Clay at the Tropicana. Operation Mindcrime was playing the same night but after two great rock shows...