Y & T

EarthSkynSea said:
those 1st five Y&T albums are killer, up until meanstreak. hoping to see them at the beachland ballroom in cleveland july 22 i believe

Really?? I liked Meanstreak.

It may not have been Black Tiger, but it was still excellent. I love the solo in the title track.

A saw them a few years back at the secc with gary moore and Whitesnake,an they wiz awesome,so i'll be at the catty in glasgow to see em :worship:

I ordered my tickets last week and they arrived a couple of days ago Flyin V. I think you will probably need to get your tickets soon cos I think Y & T will sell out the Catty. I'm still in a state of shock at finally getting to see them and getting to see them in such a small club - its gonny be immense. I'll see you doon the front for that one as well Flyin v:headbang:

Flyin v, Guns n Roses are also playing the SECC on 21st July - tickets not on sale yet and in fact its not even showing on the SECC website, but its definitely confirmed. I'll be going to that one and also the Blue Oyster Cult are playing AT THE RENFREW FERRY on 18th July - I'm not a massive BOC fan but I think to see a band like that at the Renfrew Ferry will be fantastic. Limehouse Lizzy are also playing at The Ferry on 28th September, never seen them before but have heard great reports about them, so I'll be at that one as well. You can never have enough rawk!!!!!

I Saw guns n roses at Donnington in the 80's with the original line up and they were fantastic,but to be honest av lost interest in them with all the carry on in the last few years,so am not gonna pay 30 quid to see em,mind u am payin that for maiden in dec :headbang: :kickass: Al need to get ma skates on an get my Y+T Ticks.:worship:

Limehouse Lizzy are indeed fantastic, Princess - I've seen them a fair few times now (in fact, the first time I saw them, they were supporting Saxon, at my first ever Saxon gig!! How fab is that??)

liama said:
Really?? I liked Meanstreak.

It may not have been Black Tiger, but it was still excellent. I love the solo in the title track.

SORRY, LET ME CORRECT MYSELF LIAMA, UP UNTIL AND INCLUDING "MEANSTREAK" those were the days when y&t were good ole blues based cali metal, before the David Geffenized stuff they released later . Hair Metal, ugh, gives me the Jeebies!:o_O

EarthSkynSea said:
SORRY, LET ME CORRECT MYSELF LIAMA, UP UNTIL AND INCLUDING "MEANSTREAK" those were the days when y&t were good ole blues based cali metal, before the David Geffenized stuff they released later . Hair Metal, ugh, gives me the Jeebies!:o_O

A man of taste...

Have they still got the bass player that did Donington 1984? He was the very first person I threw a bottle of piss at (and hit him, ha!).
I'm sure he'll be pleased to know I'll be along at one of the shows. Might even brew up a nice festering Newky-Brown coloured piss into a 2 litre bottle to lob at him, just for old time's sakes.

Excellent band though, no reason to shower them with bottles, I was full of the joys of my first Donington, I spent the whole day hurling containers of dubious liquid about. And a bit of offal, which I guess some clown had brought to bung at Ozzy!