Yet another mix thread

Sounds awesome, dude. You're absolutely on the right way. Improve the kick a little more but not to klicky. More in the punchy way. But only 1-3 notches.;)

Edit: this post is related to post #1. The new mp3 in #4 is perfect!!!! (but I love loud guitars)

Perhaps some of you want to know what we used for recording then?
The drums are some kind of ancient Pearl series with a ludwig black beauty snare, miked with and AKG Evolution kit, besides the top snare which is a SM57

Guitarwise is a Washburn Idol with stock pickups played through an ENGL Powerball set to the crunch channel, miked with an SM57 plus that we used a second mike on the side of the ENGL cab (one of the overheads on the kit) just because it had a cool broken rattle sound coming through it.

The bass is an old stock Squier P-bass through a Peavy Centurion head and a peavey 1*15cab, miked with an AKG Evolution bassdrum mic.

All this was sent through my 1979 Peavey 24channel mixing consol, i think the preamps on that make the entire sound. They add some character and distorsion to the sound.

I am planning a project just like this for later!

Man, i love songs like this.. spiritual beggars like, kansas even.. i love it! very good mix, would love to hear the whole song.

Fredrik... what did you use for the hammond sounds?

The hammond was a friend of our drummers Yamaha keyboard. Dont know the exact model though, he just came up to the studio, listened to the tracks once and two hours later he was out of there.

The bassdrum has been a bitch for me this whole recording, no matter how mush i try to eq and mix it it doesnt seem to fit in as some of you said.

Perhaps it's time for me to find some good old sample and fire up the Drumagog

Black neon bob said:
I am planning a project just like this for later!

Man, i love songs like this.. spiritual beggars like, kansas even.. i love it! very good mix, would love to hear the whole song.

Fredrik... what did you use for the hammond sounds?