Yikes! Metal Observer loses credibility

Yeah. It's a bit heavy handed with the praise. Sure, they're intense, but I don't know about the most intense.

FWIW, I do like Slipknot and might have to check out this new...whatever it is (Is it a DVD or a DVD/CD combo?)

With three drummers, you would think they could come up with some crazy shit (especially since Joey Jordison is fucking badass.)
They really don't utilize to the best extent, ya know?

I wish they would own up to the fact that they have all those extra guys for showmanship (I mean it is pretty funny to watch three or four extra guys beat each other up and light each other on fire) and quit with the "This band would not be the same if one person was missing from the lineup" statements.

Do you really need a DJ AND a guy running samples? Hell, one guy could do that. The singer could do it.

I can't even tell the DJ and the sampler guy apart on Iowa. And there really isn't too much of all that extra stuff on there anyway (even the other two drummers aren't very prevalent).

Oh well. The production is smoking on that cd though, and it has it's moments. Go ahead and tell me how I am "Mr. Mallcore," I'm secure enough in my "musichood" to appreciate Slipknot. (heh-heh)

It's really unfortunate that everyone and their little brother had to buy one of their shirts though. That's the main thing that's killing their credibility, really. People just immediately dismiss them because they are popular. Or they just think it sucks.

Whatever. Such is Life. (my old band's name)

yes, I agree that they could shave about 3 members from the band and be none the worse. and I wouldn't mind not seeing every weird-looking person I've ever known wear a Slipknot shirt at some point in their life. not that there's anything wrong with being weird-looking. you'd just think that not all weird-looking people would like Slipknot. curious, no?

and I would also tend to agree that most people do dismiss them simply because they're popular, and/or because they see the aforementioned weird-looking people walking around in orange-red jumpsuits, and/or because some people mistakenly lump them together with the (non)music that oozes forth from the likes of Soggy Muffin, Lincoln Park (names mis-spelled/butchered purposely, for derogatory reasons), Staind (apparently the lead-singer had the worst childhood in creation, he whines about it so damned much), et al. And who could blame them. If I hadn't listened to a band, and saw that they wore odd masks, had approximately 49 people in the band, had legions of weird-looking fans, and were compared with geniuses such as Linkin Park (possibly "most-deserving-of-slow-death" band in history), I wouldn't buy their album either. so go figure.

This is a live DVD and just about EVERY publication I've seen has praised it through the roof - the same magazines that look down on their gimmicks in the same you guys do.

Apparently their live shows go along the same vein as groups like Rammstein and the like, they might play shit music but both live shows are mightily impressive. I'm only going by what I've read or heard though, as I've never been to any of their gigs or seen this DVD.

Indeed MA.

I dislike Slipknot. They are probably the only metal band I really dislike intensly.

But I see nothing wrong with that DVD review. 2 discs, a live performance and behind the scenes stuff? Go ahead an hype it up. Looks like a good DVD to buy, if a Slipknot fan.

And they are heavy. Not the heaviest band ever, but on mainstream radio, they are the heaviest band there.

I think you all are trying to be 'true'. Don't like a band... fine... that's ok, don't tell people about it. I have seen it too much and it pisses me off and forces me to write replies like this... :D

I guess everyone missed that 3-disc Dimmu Borgir DVD that blew most people's socks off. *shrug* Now THAT was a great DVD. And I think I'd rather watch a bootleg VHS copy of a copy of a copy of that DVD than this Slipknot one.

Ok, Slipknot fan here *ducks*. Although I have lost some interest in the band since 2000, I'll never forget the two club shows I saw them perform at in Seattle before they started playing arenas. The shows were packed, the band was filled with energy, which totally fueled the crowd and both shows were a blast. You can say what you want about the band wearing costumes or having 9 members etc, none of that matters to me. The fact is, they're a very fun/intense live band to see perform (at least in a small venue) and they gave their all each time I saw them, you can't ask for more than that.

--