yo.

Ascendence

Aug 7, 2011
no one seems to respond to these, but hey. you can call me by my username, my real name (Evan), or poser. whatever suits your fancy.

i got recommended here to someone from last.fm. if the place doesn't suck i'll stay.

you can see my taste for yourself from my link down in my siggy there, but yeah.

the majority of my taste falls in death, thrash, and certain grind bands. i'm also very fond of doom, and have increasing interest in black metal and blackened crust (i love Discharge but bands like Nausea and Aus Rotten never did anything for me- although i love early Extreme Noise Terror).

if i wanted to go more specific than that i love death/doom (Autopsy, Asphyx, Winter, Disembowelment, Coffins, Incantation to some extent, etc), the Swedish style of death metal (early Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Necrophobic, etc), traditional and stoner for doom along with a minor interest in sludge (Sleep, Electric Wizard, Bongzilla, Eyehategod, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, etc), more death metal oriented grind (Repulsion, Terrorizer, early Bolt Thrower, etc), and death/thrash and certain tech thrash bands (Sepultura, Sodom, Coroner, Sadus, Voivod, Slaughter, Dark Angel). i have interest in Swedish style black metal (already love Dissection, looking into Sancramentum and Watain), "war" metal (Blasphemy and imitators), and i'm beginning to grow fond of blackened crust like Skitsystem, Martyrdod, Dishammer, Nuclear Death Terror, etc.

if you can't be bothered reading all of that here's a list:
Entombed
Autopsy
Dismember
Winter
Asphyx
Morbid Saint
Immolation
Saint Vitus
Sleep
Eyehategod
Destruction