Yossi Sassi (Orphaned Land) debut solo album Melting Clocks

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
The debut solo album from Orphaned Land guitarist Yossi Sassi may be titled Melting Clocks, but equally fitting would be Melting Pots. What a wonderful listen Yossi has delivered here, complete with myriad musical styles and a loose concept about a day in the life of the working man dreaming of something more in his life. The album is an eclectic mix of instrumentals and vocals, with influences all over the map, although mostly rooted in old school rock and metal from the 70s and 80s. My ears can taste the awesome flavors of Joe Satriani, Steve Morse, Deep Purple, Devin Townsend, Blackmore's Night and even some Michael Schenker Group. In fact, Yossi reminds me alot of Michael Schenker, as he constantly delivers killer riffs and melodic solos with equal talent and style. Technical, melodic, progressive, bluesy, folky, and orchestral, Melting Clocks is a very repectable solo effort by one of the songwriting masters of modern progressive metal. Highly recommended from me! Check out the first song of the album below via YouTube...

http://youtu.be/7CbYvAAyqmI

This is just a side project for Yossi. Orphaned Land has been quite active lately touring the world, but it's still not enough for the guys to make a comfortable living without a regular job. He has other things in the works as well, including touring for Melting Clocks in Europe and US, and a possible G3 type tour with himself and two other guitarists. I asked him WHO?, but he wouldn't say yet. I know Marty Friedman (ex- Megadeth) made a guest appearance on Melting Clocks so he might be a logical choice!