You have to check out Ethans new video

BushmasterM4

Old Fart
Sep 12, 2007
Ethan Winer has a new video out and its amazing. Some day Id like to incorporate video to some of my crap Im workin on. Ethans a great guy who travels and posts great advice at other musical forums. He also is a professor when it comes to sound treatments. Very good work Ethan !!! I just had to share this with you guys. I know its not metal, but any musician will appreciate the playing and effort that went into this project. Ethan has another video called Cello Rondo. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFV7gQbLmu8

Cello Rondo link http://www.ethanwiner.com/cellorondo.html

Don't know what to say ... all that comes to mind is:

1) the song could also have been 3 minutes long and I wouldn't have missed anything (I actually stopped watching after 7 minutes, because i couldn't take it anymore)

2) maybe instead of playing so many instruments badly, it'd be more beneficial to learn 1 or 2 instruments properly ... the guitarleads in the beginning already made me cringe because of the terrible phrasing ...

Maybe I was expecting more from Ethan due to his competence in sound treatment, but nothing about this video appeals to me ...

Dear lord, this is some of the cheesiest stuff I've ever seen, haha. He makes a mockery of himself with such a lame video. Yeah. It's cool that he can play so much stuff, but his arrangements are nothing too special.

yeah, I think that video is fucking hilarious...the song, the backgrounds, his mannerisms, that is over the top cheesiness....not in a bad way though

Don't know what to say ... all that comes to mind is:

1) the song could also have been 3 minutes long and I wouldn't have missed anything (I actually stopped watching after 7 minutes, because i couldn't take it anymore)

2) maybe instead of playing so many instruments badly, it'd be more beneficial to learn 1 or 2 instruments properly ... the guitarleads in the beginning already made me cringe because of the terrible phrasing ...

Maybe I was expecting more from Ethan due to his competence in sound treatment, but nothing about this video appeals to me ...

Dude, you have room to talk. The video on faderhead or what ever its called held my attention for 20 seconds. Not very original. Its just like all the other music videos that rely on nudity or skimpy outfits to get air play. The music is pretty sterile at best. Is it all store bought loops? Oh well, if you have fans then thats all that matters and it seems you do. Im not one for dance type music. Not my thing. Plus I suck anyway as a muscian, so what do I know. I agree Ethans video is a little long, but the time and effort that went into making it needs to be commended.

Dude, you have room to talk. The video on faderhead or what ever its called held my attention for 20 seconds. Not very original. Its just like all the other music videos that rely on nudity or skimpy outfits to get air play. The music is pretty sterile at best. Is it all store bought loops? Oh well, if you have fans then thats all that matters. I agree Ethans video is a little long, but the time and effort that went into making it needs to be commended.

No need to take it personally. I must admit that, while I do respect his effort, the song was nothing special, the playing didn't impress me in significant amounts and the video was quite amateurish. It's a nice idea and I don't mean to bash anyone here, but I just wasn't impressed :/

Haha, well I found it pretty nifty, but it's definitely best enjoyed with the window minimized and occasionally checking in to see what instrument he's playing - cuz cheesy doesn't begin to describe the visuals! I honestly enjoy the music, though, and I don't think he's a bad player; that electric lick at 1:31 and the country lick at 2:05 are pretty cool, and I definitely give him props for the effort.