Check out my bands new song and video(by a fellow sneapster)

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
We've recently recorded a new Bonemechanics EP and slowly putting it out there - so far in the form of two new released songs and a brand new lyric video.

This EP is mixed and mastered by Santeri Salmi, who some of you might remember from this fine forum here; he's posting under the nickname Daunt. He's written the Aggressive Drums e-book among other things which you should definitely check out.

We definitely went for a more organic sound with the EP; the drums are mostly natural, played by myself on the really nice Tama kit over at his studio.

This particular song is probably my favorite off the coming EP. It's also the longest due to the outro part but I think there's a lot to hear there and I hope you'll like it!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QQCTzojRMs[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QQCTzojRMs

Santeri wanted to approach this mix in a way he'd describe as "sounding like the music is actually being played by people", so he did. this also translates to a particularly liberal groove on my part at a few points (only a cynic would call them mistakes :D ) however; we really love the result as opposed to the clinical and quantized feel of a notable amount of metal music out there today.

The lyric video was created by Santeri, as well as the cover art for the EP. Turns out he's an all-round guy with great results - the video looks really professional to me, and despite the even sort of aggravating ongoing fad of lyric videos these days, I think it's going to pay off giving in to it in order to extend the scope over to Youtube. Won't feel as bad with a video as good as this. :lol:

Thanks for checking it out!

really liking the mix so far, bass is a little low for my taste but i like the live vibe of the drums. any info on mics/recording techniques used for the drums? this type of mix is infinitely more interesting to me than something that has been quantized and sample replaced to hell.

Daunt is the man, love the way his mixes come off and the faderwear guides have been an invaluable tool for me. Cant wait to check this oit when i get in.