You laugh, you lose...

Protip: all automatic weapons overheat, this is why you change the barrel after less than 200 rounds on every machinegun ever, and why the omgevil BARREL SHROUDS exist.

lrn2friction

Protip: all automatic weapons overheat, this is why you change the barrel after less than 200 rounds on every machinegun ever, and why the omgevil BARREL SHROUDS exist.

lrn2friction

That true? Only 200 rounds? Then what's stopping people from using railguns? I thought one of the major obstacles was, other than the power source, the fact that the barrels are ruined after a few shots, but 200 doesn't seem too bright either ô.o

lrn2friction

I'm simply pointing out, its a lot of heat energy that simply goes to waste :p.

That true? Only 200 rounds? Then what's stopping people from using railguns? I thought one of the major obstacles was, other than the power source, the fact that the barrels are ruined after a few shots, but 200 doesn't seem too bright either ô.o

They aren't ruined after 200 shots :p They're just overheated to a point where they're glowing(if sustained fire in bursts). Change it out with another barrel while the other one cools down. Railgun has a vastly more serious issue, where the projectile not only superheats the barrel, but literally tears it appart

That reminds me of the days when i shot this baby. you're all modern warfare 2 fags, actually kill people damn.
m-2-50cal-dvic550.jpg

They aren't ruined after 200 shots :p They're just overheated to a point where they're glowing(if sustained fire in bursts). Change it out with another barrel while the other one cools down. Railgun has a vastly more serious issue, where the projectile not only superheats the barrel, but literally tears it appart

Oh, that's better. I was about to shit huge brix. The Lorenz force on the railgun isn't that serious an issue though, all you need is a reinforced barrel structure. Minimal amounts of wear, however, might make it difficult for the barrel to conduct and thus the gun stops working.

Oh, that's better. I was about to shit huge brix. The Lorenz force on the railgun isn't that serious an issue though, all you need is a reinforced barrel structure. Minimal amounts of wear, however, might make it difficult for the barrel to conduct and thus the gun stops working.

Geez, my fart would more credible. There's no such thing as a Lorenz force. A LorenTz Force does exist tough. Although it as NOTHING to do with the situation and I don't even know why you would bring that up. Being overall neutral elements, the gun and the bullets was not subject to any electrical force (which is obvious from a physicist standpoint)(except from friction, which where so small that they can be neglected). So there was no need to bring the Lorentz Force here...

Why don't you go figure out what a railgun actually is before complaining? :err:

About Lorentz/Lorenz, I never know which one did what. I thought the Lorentz force guy was the same as the Lorenz gauge guy, but as I said, I NEVER know which is which.

Geez, my fart would more credible. There's no such thing as a Lorenz force. A LorenTz Force does exist tough. Although it as NOTHING to do with the situation and I don't even know why you would bring that up. Being overall neutral elements, the gun and the bullets was not subject to any electrical force (which is obvious from a physicist standpoint)(except from friction, which where so small that they can be neglected). So there was no need to bring the Lorentz Force here...

1271981181854.gif

There's NO electricity involved in Railguns? News to me, show me these rare-earth magnet railguns, and how you made them. You're gonna be a millionaire if you patent this!