Your 2nd favorite thrash group...

dudes, i know this is lame but have any of you listened to chimaira's latest album?
it's sooo awesome, i mean if i had the choice between them and slayer (purely music-wise now) i'd probably choose them over slayer, they are fucking insanely talented...
but slayer are just sooo amazing, because they have that image and have the classic songs and riffs too...

it's definitely a hard decision, but i think chimaira are musically better than slayer

i think some exodus stuff should be mentioned here too, i mean - woh! Exodus! :D \,,/
thrash under pressure, fabulous disaster and piranha are some of my fav tunes, i haven't heard much though...

dom...Chimaira would be the first to tell you that they aren't even in the same league with Slayer. Chimaira's latest album was pretty good, but they're still 1 or 2 good albums away from becoming a real good band. We'll have to wait and see.

dom said:
dudes, i know this is lame but have any of you listened to chimaira's latest album?
it's sooo awesome,slayer

I have it , and I think it's a very heavy cd, however I don't think it holds up and certainly isn't THRASH metal. I listen to METAL, the cd has alot of Metal in it which is why I think it's "ok" but NOT worthy of having any merit to beating out SLAYER. o_O

dom said:
it's definitely a hard decision, but i think chimaira are musically better than slayer

This is where I STRONGLY disagree with you. DUDE, IT'S SLAYER!!! I grew up listening to Slayer, had posters on my wall , Wrote S L A Y E R in everyone of my books at school , I think any band like Chimaira saying they are "musically better" is pure INSANITY. Slayer INVENTED alot of what we hear today.

Anyway , I wanted to stay away from this topic because I have so many favorite bands , but since MindInsane was laughing about your comment how Chimaira rules over SLAYER is comical I had to pitch in my 2 cents :lol:

In no particular order with TESTAMENT being my favorite THRASH METAL band.........

1- The Haunted
2- Metallica (Pre Black Album)
3- Megadeth (Rust In Peace and BEFORE)
4- Slayer
5- Death Angel

Megadeth, without question. Rust In Peace is the absolute best thrash/speed metal album ever! Early Metallica too of course but I always considered Megadeth thrashier. :yell:

Akumojo Dracula X3 said:
~My second favorite thrash band however has to be... Anthrax. Among the Living still destroys, Persistence and Spreading are great. A few songs on their new one are great too like Refuse to be Denied, Anyplace but Here, Black Dahlia, and WCFYA. By the way what does A.I.R. stand for?

Adolescence in Red.

for sure it's METALLICA......then comes the rest with any kind of order you want. It used to be Metallica on top of the list, but today it's Testament then directly comes Metallica.

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
I dont have *a* second favorite, because everyone is second to SODOM!!!!!
No one else has been doing what they have consistently been doing for the past 20 years.

Well destruction too

my first is Megadeth. 2nd is old metallica