Your Concerts This Year...2014

Mikey-Bong

May 29, 2011
It's that time of year again. Time to share your list of shows. So, who did you see in 2014?

Here's my list...

2-8 Manowar
2-26 Metal Church
3-15 David Garrett
3-27 The Winery Dogs
4-6 Iced Earth / Sabaton
4-19 Y&T
5-16 Slayer / Suicidal Tendencies / Exodus
5-31 The Monkees
6-14 Chris Robinson Brotherhood
6-27 Sammy Hagar
7-9 Paul McCartney
7-20 Mayhem Fest
7-25 Aerosmith / Slash
8-8 Motley Crue / Alice Cooper
8-15 The Quireboys
8-16 Kiss / Def Leppard
8-20 Deep Purple
8-23 Tesla
9-20 Living Colour
9-21 Overkill / Prong
10-12 Doro
10-17 Pearl Jam
10-21 King Diamond
11-2 Trouble
11-16 Raven
11-21 Gwar / Corrosion Of Conformity
11-29 Ace Frehley
12-6 Slayer / Suicidal Tendencies / Exodus (yes, again!!!:hotjump:)
12-13 Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel

Did I really see 29 shows this year??? I say this every year, but I really need to slow down. I say it, but I just keep going.:loco:

Let's see your list...

Not a single one, other then local bands that I have family & friends in. All my concert going friends are busy with other stuff. I just found out yesterday, Crowbar was in Cleveland Friday night. I'm bummed out about missing that.

This year for me was low on seeing shows so only:

Miss May I
Body Count
Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Asking Alexandria
Korn
Avenged Sevenfold
Testament
Hatebreed
Black Label Society
Anthrax
Danzig
Slipknot

Long time ago soundwave and saw zz top with dead daisies supporting,I had no idea other than Jon Steven being in the band,was one of there first shows too

1/16 - The Toasters (Rochester, NY)
1/20 - Reverend Horton Heat (Buffalo, NY)
2/15 - Tower Of Power (New York, NY)
2/27 - Mayer Hawthorne (New York, NY)
2/28 - Mayer Hawthorne (Brooklyn, NY)
3/15 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Baltimore, MD)
3/20 - Reel Big Fish (Rochester, NY)
4/18 - Sabaton/Iced Earth (New York, NY)
5/13 - Guns N' Roses (Bethlehem, PA)
6/4 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/6 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/7 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/15 - Yngwie Malmsteen/Bumblefoot/Gary Hoey (Buffalo, NY)
6/19 - Anthrax (Rome, Italy)
6/22 - The Rolling Stones (Rome, Italy)
6/24 - Iron Maiden/Slayer/Ghost (Poznan, Poland)
6/26 - Bravalla Festival: Iron Maiden/Anthrax/Dropkick Murphys (Norrköping, Sweden)
6/28 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Bergen, Norway)
7/1 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Luxembourg)
7/3 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Arras, France)
7/4 - Black Sabbath (London, England)
7/5 - Sonisphere: Iron Maiden/Frank Turner/Anthrax/Ghost/The Sisters Of Mercy/Sebastian Bach/Voodoo Six (Knebworth, England)
7/6 - Sonisphere: Metallica/Dropkick Murphys/Reel Big Fish/Airbourne (Knebworth, England)
7/8 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Nowrich, England)
7/9 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Brighton, England)
7/10 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Folkestone, England)
7/14 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Montreal, Canada)
7/25 - The Pietasters (New York, NY)
8/4 - Dick Dale (Northampton, MA)
8/9 - Heavy MTL: Metallica/Anthrax/Dropkick Murphys (Montreal, Canada)
8/28 - Journey/Cheap Trick (Syracuse, NY)
9/26 - Tower Of Power (Durham, CT)
9/27 - Tower Of Power (Hampton Beach, NH)
9/28 - Tower Of Power (Cranston, RI)
10/16 - Blaze Bayley (London, Canada)
10/17 - Blaze Bayley (Toronto, Canada)
10/24 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper (Atlantic City, NJ)
10/30 - Alice Cooper (Orillia, Canada)
10/31 - Alice Cooper (Kitchener, Canada)

I've got 3 more Mighty Mighty Bosstones shows in Boston the 26th-28th also, and one on NYE in Buffalo.

1/16 - The Toasters (Rochester, NY)
1/20 - Reverend Horton Heat (Buffalo, NY)
2/15 - Tower Of Power (New York, NY)
2/27 - Mayer Hawthorne (New York, NY)
2/28 - Mayer Hawthorne (Brooklyn, NY)
3/15 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Baltimore, MD)
3/20 - Reel Big Fish (Rochester, NY)
4/18 - Sabaton/Iced Earth (New York, NY)
5/13 - Guns N' Roses (Bethlehem, PA)
6/4 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/6 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/7 - Guns N' Roses (Las Vegas, NV)
6/15 - Yngwie Malmsteen/Bumblefoot/Gary Hoey (Buffalo, NY)
6/19 - Anthrax (Rome, Italy)
6/22 - The Rolling Stones (Rome, Italy)
6/24 - Iron Maiden/Slayer/Ghost (Poznan, Poland)
6/26 - Bravalla Festival: Iron Maiden/Anthrax/Dropkick Murphys (Norrköping, Sweden)
6/28 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Bergen, Norway)
7/1 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Luxembourg)
7/3 - Iron Maiden/Ghost (Arras, France)
7/4 - Black Sabbath (London, England)
7/5 - Sonisphere: Iron Maiden/Frank Turner/Anthrax/Ghost/The Sisters Of Mercy/Sebastian Bach/Voodoo Six (Knebworth, England)
7/6 - Sonisphere: Metallica/Dropkick Murphys/Reel Big Fish/Airbourne (Knebworth, England)
7/8 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Nowrich, England)
7/9 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Brighton, England)
7/10 - Steve Harris' British Lion (Folkestone, England)
7/14 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Montreal, Canada)
7/25 - The Pietasters (New York, NY)
8/4 - Dick Dale (Northampton, MA)
8/9 - Heavy MTL: Metallica/Anthrax/Dropkick Murphys (Montreal, Canada)
8/28 - Journey/Cheap Trick (Syracuse, NY)
9/26 - Tower Of Power (Durham, CT)
9/27 - Tower Of Power (Hampton Beach, NH)
9/28 - Tower Of Power (Cranston, RI)
10/16 - Blaze Bayley (London, Canada)
10/17 - Blaze Bayley (Toronto, Canada)
10/24 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper (Atlantic City, NJ)
10/30 - Alice Cooper (Orillia, Canada)
10/31 - Alice Cooper (Kitchener, Canada)

I've got 3 more Mighty Mighty Bosstones shows in Boston the 26th-28th also, and one on NYE in Buffalo.
Nice list! I'd love to be able to travel and see these bands in different cities around the world.

Not a single one, other then local bands that I have family & friends in. All my concert going friends are busy with other stuff. I just found out yesterday, Crowbar was in Cleveland Friday night. I'm bummed out about missing that.
Aw man bro, you gotta see some bands! I pretty much go to every live event by myself to see bands I like. None of my friends (neither of them lol) are into live music much less metal so I just go by myself. Of the 15 Anthrax shows I've been to the last 13 were alone, I like it better that way. No one bitches about me wanting and waiting to be up front. For example, me seeing Anthrax at Mayhem last time...drove 2 hours to Tampa, got there super early, parking lot wasn't open so sat in the car in line for a while on the freeway. Finally the parking lot opened, I parked and rushed in to stand in line. Stood in line in one spot for several hours under the hot Florida sun, didn't move a foot. Finally the gates opened and I rushed to the barracade at the Jager stage, only to sit through many hours of bands I wasn't into and really didn't know. Finally saw Anthrax, they played the same songs they've been playing for years, that's it. Then I left. TOTALLY worth it. What friend would tolerate that shit and stay with you to do that?! None. That's why I go alone. Me and my diaper.:kickass:

Aw man bro, you gotta see some bands! I pretty much go to every live event by myself to see bands I like. None of my friends (neither of them lol) are into live music much less metal so I just go by myself.

Exactly. If I can convince someone to come with me, fine. If not, I'm not missing out on a show I want to see just because my friends are lame. It's not like I'll be alone. :D

I'd say about half of the shows I went to this year, I went alone.

Aw man bro, you gotta see some bands! I pretty much go to every live event by myself to see bands I like. None of my friends (neither of them lol) are into live music much less metal so I just go by myself. Of the 15 Anthrax shows I've been to the last 13 were alone, I like it better that way. No one bitches about me wanting and waiting to be up front. For example, me seeing Anthrax at Mayhem last time...drove 2 hours to Tampa, got there super early, parking lot wasn't open so sat in the car in line for a while on the freeway. Finally the parking lot opened, I parked and rushed in to stand in line. Stood in line in one spot for several hours under the hot Florida sun, didn't move a foot. Finally the gates opened and I rushed to the barracade at the Jager stage, only to sit through many hours of bands I wasn't into and really didn't know. Finally saw Anthrax, they played the same songs they've been playing for years, that's it. Then I left. TOTALLY worth it. What friend would tolerate that shit and stay with you to do that?! None. That's why I go alone. Me and my diaper.:kickass:

I've gotta start doing that, missed way too many shows.

I miss the days when I was 17,18, 19 me and my buddies were going to shows all the time

I've gotta start doing that, missed way too many shows.

I miss the days when I was 17,18, 19 me and my buddies were going to shows all the time
I hear ya, me too. But if a band you like is in town, just go. Like Mikey said, you'll never be alone! There will be many metal brothers there!

I've started going to the shows that I see by myself. My problem is that most of the shows that come to "my area" are actually on the other side of the state, and I'm just too lazy to drive 2 hours plus to a show for 90 minutes and then drive 2 hours home.