Your experience with Schecter?

Warheart666

Nothing.
Feb 6, 2005
MD
How is their quality overall? I've been looking to get one of their guitars, specifically the C1 Classic Electric. From the reviews I've read, this is a pretty versatile guitar. I'm looking for a guitar that will perform well at soft clean tones and crashing distortion too, so hopefully this will be it. What are your experiences with it? If you know of any similar guitars in the same price range ($700 US online) don't hesitate to suggest it.

Also, this guitar is physically beautiful, just look at it:

p21259b.jpg

:OMG:

Looks like a PRS.

I like the playability of the Schecter, though I've found the basses to be a little trebley for my tastes.

I bought a blue one of these recently and it plays unbelievably well.
Course after buying it I've been watching a bunch of G3 vids and am really starting to miss having a tremolo.

Overall though, I think it's the best axe I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Hits heavy, and has gorgeously fat clean tones...

Idonno if it's a good or bad thing, but everyone asks if it's the Vai model :/

Anyway gl :p

Yeah, I've got a Schecter and I can't stand playing other guitars. It is just perfect, and for the price they're unbeatable.

Kenneth R. said:
i'm looking at a C-1 Hellraiser myself. How does it fare in alternate tunings, say C standard?

It holds alt-tunings very well. Of course different gauge strings will do different things...I play the the TNT from GHS and I tune to C on my Hellraiser. Works quite well. Best guitar I've every played.

Hapexamendios said:
It holds alt-tunings very well. Of course different gauge strings will do different things...I play the the TNT from GHS and I tune to C on my Hellraiser. Works quite well. Best guitar I've every played.
thats what i needed to hear. :)

Schecter is by far the best bargain for your money.

I currently have two Schecters, the K-7 diamond series, and the new Damien 7. Both have amazing sound quality and I've had not one problem with them.

I would recommend Schecter to anyone trying to get an awesome sounding guitar, for an awesome price.

Hapexamendios said:
You can't go wrong with Schecter. I have a C-1 Hellraiser and it's the best axe I've played. The string-thru body and the fast neck. Excellent guitars for the price.

I love the way the schecters play, theyre really solid, especially the Hellraiser...I ordered a C7 Hellraiser 7-string, and my only complaint is the fact that they take so long to get in...I ordered it jan 4th and still haven't gotten it yet... The c1 classic plays really smooth also. I love the neck on 'em...

Oh man you're so damn lucky!! Have fun with her!

I was surprised to see this thread. I am getting the EXACT same guitar as a graduation present. To people who have played one, can you answer... How well does it do for tuning down to B and such? The material for Satanic Dirge is all E-Standard but if I had a guitar that could handle B that would pwn and I could also make some doom.

And there are no technical or design problems with the guitar? It has a superb sound and all? Easy playability?

Thanks!

I have a schecter 006 elite diamond series in BLOOD RED.. not only is it purty.. but I love the sound.. good solid, rich tone.. very tasty!!!
I love mine!!
006_elite_bch.jpg

Oinkness said:
Oh man you're so damn lucky!! Have fun with her!

I was surprised to see this thread. I am getting the EXACT same guitar as a graduation present. To people who have played one, can you answer... How well does it do for tuning down to B and such? The material for Satanic Dirge is all E-Standard but if I had a guitar that could handle B that would pwn and I could also make some doom.

And there are no technical or design problems with the guitar? It has a superb sound and all? Easy playability?

Thanks!

It does alternate tunings very well. You won't have a problem with tuning down to B.