Your favorite Maiden album < A B-Side compilation of equal length?

Zivilyn

I'm long winded
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
The thread title is kind of screwy, but now that I have some room, I can explain a little better.

Let's say your favorite Maiden album is 7th Son (Mine is). That album is 44 minutes. Take all of your favorite B-Sides they've ever done (Just your favorite 44 minutes, to be fair. You could cram a CD-R with 80 minutes, but that's cheating). Compare 7th Son with those 44 minutes of B-Sideage. Which would you rather listen to?

Of course, you need to rule out nostalgia and continuity. I know it's considered sacreligious to some to call a compilation better than any studio album for those two reasons.

It's up to you whether or not you want to include covers. Live versions shouldn't count either, but I'm not the boss of you.

Let's see, my favorite B Sides...

Doctor Doctor- 5:something I think
Rainbow's Gold 4:56
Nodding Donkey Blues 3:17
I've got the Fire- Dunno, probably 3-4 minutes.
Burning Ambition 2:39
Cross Eyed Mary 3:56
Sheriff of Huddersfield- Fuck it, about 4.
Judgement Day- About 4?
Space Station #5- 4-5 without the shit at the end, Don't remember how long with it.

Well, this has turned into too much work, since I already know the B Sides win. They have some great ones.
I just thought I'd make a unique Maiden question thread so Tangerine Dreamer could stop whining.

The Real Moonchild said:
what a fucked up question.
Yeah, you'll do a lot of fucked up stuff whern you're bored, and when you have the "it wouldn't hurt" mindset. I realized after I posted it how fucked up it was.

But they do have good B-Sides, yes?

Maiden stopped doing decent B-Sides on Somewhere in Time.
Rainbow's Gold, Cross Eyed Mary and King of Twilight( or is it Twilight King) are the only decent ones I ever listen.