Your favorite SW-moment/memory...?

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
For the non-Facebookers amongst us:

"Hey, everyone!
Just out of curiosity, what is/has been your favorite SW-moment so far (i.e. concert, part of a song etc..)?"

The FB-thread really had some amazing feedback (containing a few touching responses from fans dealing with personal loss as well).
If you like, you can check out the thread here:
http://www.facebook.com/seventhwonderofficial/posts/10151927011018378

While I think MF is SW's best album, if I had to pick one moment, I'd say The Aftermath section of TGE is my fav.

When I actively listen to the music, there is this part of the lyrics in "the great escape" that feels so amazingly intense. It's right at the end of the passage below - you can jump to 22:25 in the song to hear the whole build-up to this section.

God and Satan hand in hand
Through the badland
Took a flight uphill and down from man
A king with ashen crown

That last line was so epicly executed with such a minimal amount of distraction. Dropping out and coming back in with precision is so much more fun then listening to bands that drone on with a constant roar.

Meeting and hanging with them, Maxx and Daniela at ProgPower... Maxx raved about SW to me, that I had to check 'em out... The first time I heard any of their music was at ProgPower.. Been obsessed ever since

When I actively listen to the music, there is this part of the lyrics in "the great escape" that feels so amazingly intense. It's right at the end of the passage below - you can jump to 22:25 in the song to hear the whole build-up to this section.

God and Satan hand in hand
Through the badland
Took a flight uphill and down from man
A king with ashen crown

That last line was so epicly executed with such a minimal amount of distraction. Dropping out and coming back in with precision is so much more fun then listening to bands that drone on with a constant roar.

You sir, just pulled the words literally out of my mouth. Since the album came out, I have been obsessed with that line completely.

That's my favorite of the slight rephrases from the book that they put in the song. It's perfect. And Tommy really outdid himself singing those lines. :)

One year ago I saw them live in Milan, but since i had never visited that city before I got lost with my friends while looking for the place they were playing. Fortunately we managed to arrive there safe and sound after a couple of hours. the show was great, it has been a really great concert. When i had to return to the hotel, well, I got lost again, and I could reach the hotel only at 3/4 am, completely wet 'cause of the rain but still happy and then, while i was going to our room, i met them in front of the elevator. i couldn't believe the band was in the same hotel, and they recognized me and congratulated for my beautiful t shirt ( their sw shirt, just bought, lol) . we only made few words, 'cause i couldn't stay to keep on talking, but it has been amazing. They were so kind and i still remember this thing.

Listening to The Great Escape on a bus ride up to Sequoia National Park for white water rafting just as I was graduating from my senior year in high school (King of Whitewater came to mind :D).

To me, any moment that can truly touch me is great, seeing as I'm a bitter jaded person. So I have many related to SW, but by far the biggest hits me on two levels.

Now here I stand, my dear,
One heart still beats...
I bid you farewell
The curtain will now descend
Somewhere in time we were living
Remember us then!

As someone who actually pays attention to the world at large, that is one of the most powerful verses I've heard, it just captured so perfectly my views that humanity is on a quick path of no return, and when all is said and done, all we can do in our final days as a species is hope that somewhere out there in the giant, cold void, someone is watching and will remember us.

On a personal level, I suffer with severe depression and anxiety, and as an indirect result, my life's never been what you'd call great, but on a steady decline. I spend far too often remembering "The good old days" when things simply weren't as bad in my life. The simple visual of a man, the last man, alone and waiting out the end, pleading with the universe itself to remember him as he was, not as he is, hits home far too well. It's perhaps a bit of a strange way to interpret those lyrics, and not the "correct" one, but never-the-less it's one of the few musical moments that has just cut straight through every part of me and hit me straight in the feels.

And I absolutely love it. I love both of those reasons, I can honestly say I don't believe I'll ever find another song able to hit me as strongly as TGE, so that's my strange and somewhat abstract favourite moment.

It's kinda sad to pick ONE favourite moment, because every second is awesome. But i think i'd choose the black parade.

Cause in time fate calls out to us:
"Take your place in The Black Parade"

That song has a really good message.