SymX+SW Tour?

BenjaminAppel

New Metal Member
May 25, 2010
Hey guys!

Let me start by saying that Seventh Wonder has done what for a lot of time I thought impossible: replace Symphony X as my favorite band (and favorite singer too!). They're an amazing band, and i'm sure SW IV will be better than Mercy Falls.

Now to the point, just a moment ago, Symphony X posted an update in their fb page, where it said this "what band(s) would you like to see tour with/open for Symphony X? Who do you think would match best with SymX, or bring in a good crowd? Send your suggestions to symxfaq@gmail.com and perhaps you'll get to see the band you choose on SymX's next tour"

Obviously the first and only band that came to my mind is, well, Seventh Wonder (duh!). And it fits perfectly, since SymX is also recording a new album, and it probably will come out at the same time (man I cant wait!)...

So, if you want to see this happening (who wouldnt?), send that email!!!!

Benja

In the thread 'Plans for a tour' I already mentioned that a tour with SX would be awesome.
If they can't get here (in the Netherlands) on their own - headlining a show with another band as their support - a package like this would be great.
It definitely will mean lots of exposure/publicity for the band.

*Send a mail*

I wasn't aware of that. That's a good idea. The two bands would maybe appeal to a lot fo people.
I like Symphony X's classical influences and sense of drama but I'm not fond of their trash metal influence.. I loved when they paid a little tribute to Queen once in a while on "The Divine Wings of Tragedy", which remains my favourite along with "V".
I must say that I was put off by the excessive agressivity on Symphony X's latest release, "Paradise Lost". I always thought that Russel Allen was roaring bit too much and the first half of "The Odyssey" was already a move forward in that direction but with "Paradise Lost", that was really over-the-top... I don't want the band to do a kind of soundtrack for the horror movies that Michael Romeo seems to affectionate so much... They do need to take a more subtle approach and include some really soft passages and tracks (they used to do a little bit, in the past) and Seventh Wonder do that much more often and have got a much more polished sound... for my greatest pleasure.
But anyway, lovers of Symphony X, don't take any offence ... I do like them but less now... especially after seeing them live twice, where their sound was way too loud, saturated and muddled. That is just the view of somebody who's growing older and always loved softer music more than pure heavy metal.
Marc

Hey guys!

Let me start by saying that Seventh Wonder has done what for a lot of time I thought impossible: replace Symphony X as my favorite band (and favorite singer too!). They're an amazing band, and i'm sure SW IV will be better than Mercy Falls.

Now we just need Tommy to school Russell on how to sing again.

YESSS!! This HAS to happen, that would absolutely ROCK. Both of these bands live together.. WOW. This would be easily just as awesome as the Maiden / Dream Theater tour!

That would be awesome!!! Seventh Wonder have the music, performance and guts to play with SX as support band and more! like play some song together.
I wanna add that if this dream comes true, SW MUST show a performance with ALL backing vocals on stage! as professionals, NOT like ProgPower 2009, Baarlo, The Netherlands. That was a amazing show, but Tommy sang almost alone.

I'll send a email too!

SW MUST show a performance with ALL backing vocals on stage! as professionals, NOT like ProgPower 2009, Baarlo, The Netherlands. That was a amazing show, but Tommy sang almost alone.

There's probably a reason for that :D Leave the singing to the singer, he's good enough on his own.

Though I'm not informed about the vocal talents of the rest of the band. If they are able to pull it off, bring it on ;)

There's probably a reason for that Leave the singing to the singer, he's good enough on his own.

Though I'm not informed about the vocal talents of the rest of the band. If they are able to pull it off, bring it on

I think that the backing vocals on Seventh Wonder's albums are really amazing, further, it's a "personal seal" of their compositions and a great reason for why I like the band:worship:. That's the reason of my comment...a SW show would be more powerful and emotive if they would do all backing or the most :).

:wave: