Your first Hypocrisy song

cesse

Abducted
Apr 9, 2009
Gothenburg sweden
What was the first song you heard, that got you in to them? Maybe you don't remember but I thought it would be interesting. :loco: My first was deathrow from into the abyss. That, is a good song.

"The Gathering+Roswell 47"

When I first heard that, I paused and wondered what the hell~? ? ? Then googled up that info and found out the meaning behind "The Gathering.~!
HYPOCRISY RULES~!
:headbang:

Left to rot. I saw the video on viva metal charts (i believe) and i was totally blown away.
I think that was the most brutal shit i ever heard at that point of time, so i really got interested in the band.
That was my very very first touch with hypocrisy and a beginning of a long partnership haha :)

eraser from monsters of metal. by the way it was the first metal song i liked. then i started to listen to hypocrisy and then to melodic death metal, then to somme kinds of black metal, then to nearly all kinds of death- and black metal.
it was like i had to get used to brutal music, i needed a very good song, to get interetsted in the whole genre :)

ive never really liked a special genre, hypocrisy was the very first music where i thought "fuck yes, again!!" :kickass:

It was "Request Denied".
The first album was "Final Chapter".
That was when I really started listening to metal.

Left to rot. I saw the video on viva metal charts (i believe) and i was totally blown away.
I think that was the most brutal shit i ever heard at that point of time, so i really got interested in the band.
That was my very very first touch with hypocrisy and a beginning of a long partnership haha :)

I assume this was like in 1991/1992?

I assume this was like in 1991/1992?

Nope, it was around The Final Chapter era. 1998 maybe.
I remember that after i saw that video, first Hypo album i bought was Abducted.
And i was a little bit disappointed because guys from the video were much more wild and crazy haha :lol:
But after a few listening i felt in love with new hypocrisy style. :)

so everyone here are nOObs but me????

Well.............not really............although your comments sometimes say otherwise! :lol:

I had heard "Penetralia" when relapse records was selling it. But that was not the time I had gotten into the band. At that time, I thought Deicide was the heaviest of all. Until the "Penetralia" album pummeled the shit out of anything deicide! Plus Masse's vocals are very bizarred sounding. Even in Dark Funeral!

It was Scrutinized. When it got to the solo I was like "man that guy must be a huge Gary Holt fan, he totally ripped him off", then I bought Virus and saw Gary did a guest solo and I was like, fuck yeah, I kind of called it.