Your home Stereo unit & Verdi's "Messa da Requiem"

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys :)

I want to buy myself an excellent sounding home stereo unit. I had a special experience by listening to Giuseppe Verdi´s "Messa da Requiem" on a decent stereo. I NEVER have had listen to music what has so much dynamical range. I was totally blown away :worship: Seriously. I felt like I´m dying in shiver and tears...that´s the truth. So I hardly recommend listening to the recordings, conducted by Karajan. I own [ame="http://www.amazon.de/Verdi-Messa-Da-Requiem-Shm-CD/dp/B007Y7RHQM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1346666055&sr=8-13"]this version[/ame] on Vinyl actually (my father brought it in the marriage) I know this vinyls are truely a precious treasure. SO..to get to the point. Can you recommend me a decent stereo unit for maximum listening pleasure (no monitoring)? I know, a lot of you guys have THE EAR, the experience & the stereo ;)

Greetings,

Felix Neumann

Nubert +1. I mix all my records on an old pair of Nubert 360 and that seems to work pretty good.

I don't have any input about hi-fi systems, but on the subject of amazing sounding classical music, check out stuff conducted by Philippe Herreweghe - particularly the Mozart Requiem and Bach Mass in B minor.

Wow this thread turned out better than I thought. Very interesting. It seems all this is a science itself :) Are you guys 2.0 purists or do you listen much stuff in DD or DTS? And what is your opinion about that dolby pro logic option?

Edit: What do you think about the sound of Vinyls? Is it a myth that they sound warmer, more pleasent? I use Vinyls predominantly for nostalgic reasons. Tbh I couldn´t say, Vinyls sounds much better. But maybe it als depends on the chain and the record player.

I don't have any input about hi-fi systems, but on the subject of amazing sounding classical music, check out stuff conducted by Philippe Herreweghe - particularly the Mozart Requiem and Bach Mass in B minor.

Thank you Ben :) I´m gonna check this out!