Your next holidays

Bambi said:
jaysuz never mind holidays, its actually snowing here, proper like. white stuff all on the ground. I demand the day off!! :yell:

First word I heard when I turned on the news this morning was "snow-storm" :yell: . It's been dead cold ever since climatists started whining about the warmest winter in decades and global warming.

Next vacation, we were supposed to do that fashionable backpacking across Asia thing this summer, but I suspect lack of money and faillure to get of our asses and get it planned will postpone that, so it will probably be my annual granny-sponsored trip to Malta in September

sm_KaprunMrz05042.jpg
sm_KaprunMrz05033.jpg

sm_KaprunMrz05106.jpg
sm_KaprunMrz05054.jpg

sm_KaprunMrz05050.jpg
sm_KaprunMrz05058_bw.jpg

sm_KaprunMrz05090_bw.jpg
sm_KaprunMrz05012_bw.jpg

My next holidays are my past holidays now... :Spin:

when will you kids learn that snow is evil? next winter I'm gone gone gone to some place warm. hopefully working in australia. that'd be grand.

@Maren: amazing pictures!

I'll go to Paris for a week at the end of April - no plans for the summer yet

discouraged1 said:
is dublin expensive to stay?
hostels etc.?
whats the cheapest way to get to dublin anyway?

There are hostels, they're about 10-16 euros a night, B&B's 30-35, or even 50 if you travel alone, but they're really nice. Flight from here is expensive, although I managed to get a cheap one this time, but that was a student's discount. During the summer season it's like double, may be about 300, although if you book in advance, you might be able to get a cheaper one. Dunno where you'd travel from though, I guess it's much better if you travel from western Europe. But it seems in the eastern European region Hungary's among the very few countries that have direct flights to Dublin, cause a lot of people come to Budapest to change here from Poland, the Check Republic, Ukraine, etc., and the other way round too, from the isles to Israel and places like that.

Well, yeah, if you want to travel around, with no set plans but a lot of time, that's what my American friends did too some years back, and they also went to Ireland at some point. But they were travelling for at least a month or even more. I couldn't afford that.

Strangelight said:
I dunno, they let in the prime suspect who nicked our customized knickers. Let her stay up your way, honour amongst thieves and all that :wave:

yeah i'd bring bambi - the video * polish version.

it'd be lovely to sneak into ireland, i'll dig a tunnel or something.