Your opinion about George Lynch??

Hyoukinmono, that shredder you mentioned was probably Reb Beach (of "Winger" fame).

RB definitely rips. I have to admit that, yes, I once went to a Winger concert. Mainly because he's such a good guitarist, and Rod Morgenstein was on drums.

SevenString said:
Hyoukinmono, that shredder you mentioned was probably Reb Beach (of "Winger" fame).

RB definitely rips. I have to admit that, yes, I once went to a Winger concert. Mainly because he's such a good guitarist, and Rod Morgenstein was on drums.
Nah man, Reb was playing for Whitesnake during that tour last year (they were on the same bill). I'm pretty sure the guy was from Italy, but I don't know his name.

SevenString said:
Actually, Reb was out of the band then. I couldn't remember the guy's name, so I just did a little checking, and it was Alex Derosso (who replaced John Norum, who according to Don Dokken, apparently doesn't like to tour very much). I hadn't heard of Derosso before, but he sure liked to shred! :)

SevenString said:
btw, dig john norum, too. the "total control" CD is pretty cool.
Yeah, I became a John Norum fan with Europe's first two releases, and was disappointed that their third (The Final Countdown) became a Joey Tempest solo album. It had some pretty good songs, but it wasn't metal/guitar music like the first two. So I was happy when John started on his solo work.

I saw Dokken at Monsters of Rock in 1988.

Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions and Van Halen.

George Lynch kicks ass and still has what it takes to be
one of the top guitarists today. Many don't know this but
Don Dokken is a GREAT guitart player and wrote many of the
great riffs and parts on some of Dokken songs.

George always had cool looking guitars......

JWC

www.lonewolfmusic.com

My very 1st concert was a "SCORPIONS" show..woohoo! I loved those guys.
I was about 15 or 16 I think. Their "Crazy World" tour. That was a great show...They kicked some major BUTT

Oh yeah, love Norum too.. Great guitar player. ever since "Europe" I have been a fan of his too.

Hyoukinmono said:
Yeah, I became a John Norum fan with Europe's first two releases, and was disappointed that their third (The Final Countdown) became a Joey Tempest solo album. It had some pretty good songs, but it wasn't metal/guitar music like the first two. So I was happy when John started on his solo work.
It wasn't much of a riff-oriented or bottom heavy album as previous two, but I'd say the solos on that album are the best ones he played in Europe. Final Countdown, Rock The Night, Ninja, Cherokee, Heart of Stone - all great ripping and melodic solos. Plus his strat tone was to die for.

SevenString said:
interesting side note... rumor is that the Yngwie tune "Liar" from the Trilogy album was written about John Norum.
CLOSE! But not quite. It was actually about Marcel Jacob, who was the bassist in Europe (He wrote "Scream of Anger") before their first release. He played in Yngwie's band for a while, and that's where the animosity came from. He was also on John's first solo release, and formed Talisman with another ex-Yngwie singer, Jeff Scott Soto.

George Lynch is amazing or he was in his prime. He actually was a yngwie malmsteen fan himself, he said when he went on tour with him he was excited to learn a few things. Listen to the Beast From The East version of Mr.Scary you can hear some influence from him in it. He doesn't play much like he use to these day, which is a total shame. Here is a video of me tackling one of his best solos imo.

Lynch is certainly a legend from the 80's. Not in the same vein as Yngwie, but his style is erratic and soulful at the same time. He can destroy a fretboard. Most of his work in Dokken will overshadow his current releases but he is still working the industry as only he can. Great music over the years. Hit and miss for most fans, I'm afraid, but I have enjoyed his output and try to stay up to date with his releases. The Sweet/Lynch album was pretty solid.

I'm pretty much like you guys, back in the day noone could touch his unique style. He still remains one of my all time favs because of his early work. And one day....I will own one of those bones guitars!