Your suggestion of effect pedal for solos

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hey everyone,

The good old post about "what gear do you recommend for..."

I've always had a really simple pedalboard (tuner - ovedrive - noise gate) and I would like to add some FX for my solos.

I was aiming for both a reverb and a delay (analog delay that is, not digital), but to be honest I have no idea how it sounds when you put both together? (reverb into delay or delay into reverb???). I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to FX and the likes, as I have never really used any.

Moreover, since I don't have the budget for both right now. If you'd have one to choose, which one would it be? Reverb or Delay?

Finally, my idea was kinda stopped for the MXR Carbon Copy for the delay. It sounds warm and subtle. I'm not going for something that is over the top. Just some coloration. Do you have other suggestions?

As for the reverb.... no idea really. There is the famous TC Hall of Fame, but the Digitech Polara was getting me curious. I know that Electro Harmonix just came out with the EHX Ocean or something? Looks nice but haven't heard it.

What are your suggestions, advice, etc?

Delay. I'm with the rest of the guys, I don't put reverb on my solos. Just some chorus and delay, but between those two the delay is more important.