Your Top-5 favorite songs by Orphaned Land [new visitors are especially welcome!]

Wait a minute, I remember a little discussion about this a while back about the difference between this and A Heaven You May Create. Now that I've seen that and I know how different it is, were you guys planning to make a little docu yourselves ?

I'll go back to the topic, so here it is (not sorted) :
  • Mercy (Paradise Lost cover) - better than the original song ;)
  • Rainbow - because I play it! :Smug:
  • From broken vessels - Kobi's voice is at his best :)
  • The storm still rages - my brothers/sister might have cried listening to it :cry:
  • The warrior - the ultimate song to the glory of Yossi...! :D

Having only heard "Mabool" and "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR", it's perhaps a bit too early for me. The fact that the ORwarriOR album is constructed as a story doesn't help much either with cherry picking songs. It would feel like breaking a chain.
Oh well...

"Sapari"
"Baracka/Codeword:Uprising"
"Holat Ha'tamid"
"Birth of Three"
"A'salk"

Yes, I've cheated and put down 6 songs. The reason is that I consider "Baracka/Codeword:Uprising" as one long, epic song

^
Nice list, and welcome aboard!

I wonder why I never liked Building The Ark so much earlier on, it's currently my favourite OL song with it's tremendous arrangements. Does anyone have more info about the origin of the Latin lyrics?

Hey welcome here TheItch.
I'm in love with Macedonian song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwRxN59djU
BTW, maybe you know who's performing the metal song playing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gFWFrM1FQU

My favourites:

The Kiss of Babylon
The Path Part I
In Thy Never Ending Way
Birth of the Three
Nora El Nora

But I'm still in the process of getting into Orphaned Land, they're awesome I must say.

Sapari
The Evil Urge
Mabool
New Jerusalem
Ornaments of Gold.

Also, as I haven't found an "Introduce yourself" thread and I'm obviously a n00b, I'm gonna add my little "Hi everyone!" here in this thread. :)

unnecessaryWait a minute, I just remembered that I noticed this a long time back. This is the song which has the tune Yossi was humming in the car ages ago :D.

Wait a minute, I remember a little discussion about this a while back about the difference between this and A Heaven You May Create. Now that I've seen that and I know how different it is, were you guys planning to make a little docu yourselves ?

Damn, I missed this video in the past.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1avl7EHP0&feature=related[/ame]

Now I know what the Disciples had been up to :D It's amazing how you managed to hold on to that bit of film without releasing it immediatly out of excitement!

I only just had the pleasure of seeing this guys in New York on their tour with Suidakra. I must admit I did originally buy the ticket to see the latter, but arriving too late to see them and having heard amazing things about OL I of course stuck around to check them out. Totally taken in by it. I got all their albums afterward.

I definitely think Mabool is my fav album, but for songs:

1. Ocean Land
2. His Leaf Shall not Wither
3. From Broken Vessels
4. Halo Dies
5. Thee by the Father I Pray

1. New Jerusalem
2. The Beloved's Cry
3. Like Fire to Water
4. The Kiss of Babylon
5. Ornaments of Gold

About the last one, one day I was studying Koran in Turkish and one verse stuck me in. It was The Family Of Imran 3:31 "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins". I somehow translated it into English in my mind for no obvious reason. It circulated there for days over and over and finally to realise that it was a part of the lyrics to the song called Ornaments of Gold. Having several copies of Sahara CD I searched through the booklet to find a clue about it and get nothing. Moreover later I found out that the title of that song also came from the title of 43rd surah originally called Zuhruf which sometimes translated as The Embellishment in some English translations. As a die-hard fan of the band I have never come across any info about these points.

I do not know if these were the best kept secrets of OL so far, but time reveals everything. :D;)

Maybe Kobi will have more to speak since the story seems to be interesting...