YT: Dual Rectifier metal...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Posted this song a week ago or something for pointers, decided to do a rectifier video of it. Added some solos and an ending and voila you have a complete song.

Enjoy!

Copy/paste from description:

I was using two Ibanez 7 strings in this video. For rhythm guitar my Ibanez RGA7 with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. For the 2 solos I used my Ibanez RGD2127.

Signal chain:
Guitar---Maxon oD808----Dual Rectifier----2x12 Roadster cab(with V30 speakers)-------SM57------Apogee One------Logic------Youtube.

Settings OD808:
Drive: 9 o clock
Tone: Noon
Balance: 3 o clock

Settings Dual Rectifier:
Channel 3 Red Modern
Spongy
Vaccum tubes
Bass: noon
Mid: 11 o clock
Treble: noon
Gain: noon
Presence: 10 o clock

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great dude!

Also, its a bit off topic, but you said you used Seymour Duncan Blackouts, well I just got one for my 7 string, and I've been having a bit of trouble with it, would you be able to have a quick listen to this DI sample - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/blackoutput DI full volume.wav

Is that internal clipping or is it digital clipping? I'm only using a line 6 GX interface, so I can't turn the level down :(

I haven't used active pups before, so I'm still a n00b with them :D

Definitely throws out the window the idea that Blackouts don't sound good!
I love my Blackouts in my Ibanez, really awesome pickups!

Sounds great dude!

Also, its a bit off topic, but you said you used Seymour Duncan Blackouts, well I just got one for my 7 string, and I've been having a bit of trouble with it, would you be able to have a quick listen to this DI sample - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/blackoutput DI full volume.wav

Is that internal clipping or is it digital clipping? I'm only using a line 6 GX interface, so I can't turn the level down :(

I haven't used active pups before, so I'm still a n00b with them :D

hmm that doesn't sound right at all. have you tried playing straight into an amp with clean channel. Does it give breakup noise then?

Definitely throws out the window the idea that Blackouts don't sound good!
I love my Blackouts in my Ibanez, really awesome pickups!

Yeah I'm also a blackout fan since my Ibanez rg08!

Ola - I gotta say, I'm still digging your recto tones MUCH better than your Axe-fx tones. The tone and the song in this vid are amazing.

Bobby

hmm that doesn't sound right at all. have you tried playing straight into an amp with clean channel. Does it give breakup noise then?

Yeah I'm also a blackout fan since my Ibanez rg08!

I get a bit of breaking up when I play through a clean amp, it just seems to be coming through really loud into my interface

Mucky, til you have a proper interface or DI, simply carefully turn down your volume pot. Adjusting the input gain on the interface isn't much different (in this situation).

As you're having active pick-ups you won't suffer from the tonal complications that turning down the pots on passives has (loosing highs specifically).

The "quality" of the signal won't change significantly, just the level. Simply turn down the pot until you peak at a reasonable level in your DAW.

Evil fuckin' amp/tone. I always wanted a Recto. When I was in the States I had plenty of chances to get one cheap, but those were college days and I spent most of my money on beer and ramen.

Great playing too, me like.

Sådärja! Låter juicy!
Vad för strängar använder du? (Märke och gauge)
Och till det gamla tjatet, kan du langa DI?

HAHA Bosse på slutet!