YT: Latest works

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Just finished up this project of which a preview track has been uploaded to YT. Besides the drums all the instruments were recorded by the band in a flat through an Edirol 2 chan interface into Cubase at 16bit. Original files were....questionable, especially the vocals but I did what I could. 8 days mix/master but pretty pleased at the overall final result!

:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

The guitars were 2 tracks of 6505 through a 1960 cab, so GT75's or whatever they are called...hence the more "middy" tone. First mix ive used VCC on aswell, very tasty! :headbang:

Guitars sound amazing! Which mics did you use?

edit:
I've just seen the making of video and it seems a single sm57 :)

Yeah I didn't mic the cab but it was a 57, they had a LCD about a foot in front of the cab but that didn't get in the mix.

really dislike the snare, but apart from that great job man XD

Haha thats my fav part of the whole mix :) But im very picky about snare tones :lol:

Thanks all round! Kimon, I should indeed pick up a Portal game soon! :)

Sounds pretty sweet !

What did you use for the drums ?

Also, wtf at that portalesque voice ahaha I would actually love to know how you processed it, it sounds so good, would be totally credible in portal :lol:

Sounds pretty sweet !

What did you use for the drums ?

Also, wtf at that portalesque voice ahaha I would actually love to know how you processed it, it sounds so good, would be totally credible in portal :lol:

MF with heavy sample replacement.

Haha just record the line you want in a spoken voice, slightly monotone and quite slow. Then just autotune it to the grid aggressively. I used Cubases tune function and squashed all of the vibrato out of it and "auto" tuned it to the grid. Put a pitch shifter plug on the channel, tune it up to the desired pitch :headbang: I think it was about 5/6 semi-tones in this case. You can then play around with each syllable and make it even more robot like :)

MF with heavy sample replacement.

Haha just record the line you want in a spoken voice, slightly monotone and quite slow. Then just autotune it to the grid aggressively. I used Cubases tune function and squashed all of the vibrato out of it and "auto" tuned it to the grid. Put a pitch shifter plug on the channel, tune it up to the desired pitch :headbang: I think it was about 5/6 semi-tones in this case. You can then play around with each syllable and make it even more robot like :)

That's awesome I would have imagined it more complicated :)