ZAKK WYLDE Talks To Sweden's ROCKNYTT About 'Metal All Stars' Tour (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Last week, Sofia Bergström of Sweden's Rocknytt.net conducted an interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE) during the European "Metal All Stars" tour. You can now watch the chat below. The "Metal All Stars" played their first-ever show at Arena Armeec in Sofia, Bulgaria on March 23. Check out fan-filmed video footage of the entire concert in two parts below. The lineup of musicians performing at the event included: * Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY) * Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, ex-SEPULTURA) * Joey Belladonna (ANTHRAX) * Ross "The Boss" Friedman (ex-MANOWAR) * Udo Dirkschneider (U.D.O., ex-ACCEPT) * Brian Fair (SHADOWS FALL) * Brittany Paige (KOBRA AND THE LOTUS) * Kenny Earl "Rhino" Edwards (ex-MANOWAR) * Jasin Todd (SHINEDOWN) * Jon Donais (ANTHRAX, SHADOWS FALL) * Aaron Rossi (MINISTRY) Philip Anselmo (PANTERA) and Nick Menza (ex-MEGADETH), who were originally scheduled to take part in the tour, have pulled out of the trek. Menza has since released a statement claiming that "the agreement made between the 'Metal All Stars' and myself wasn't kept." He added: "For my best interest, my manager Robert Bolger pulled me off the tour." Also absent from the current "Metal All Stars" dates is Conrad "Cronos" Lant (VENOM), who is "very ill and under doctor's orders not to travel or perform," according to a statement released by his management. "Cronos is hoping to join the 'Metal All Stars' shows as soon as possible." Vince Neil (MÖTLEY CRÜE) will reportedly join the "Metal All Stars" tour at later dates. The "Metal All Stars" musicians performed metal classics from their own catalogs as well as classics by BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN and more. "Metal All Stars" was formed by Gabe Reed Productions, the same concert promoter which in 2012 organized the ROCK N ROLL ALL STARS tour of South America, featuring Gene Simmons (KISS), Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD), Duff McKagan (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and others. "Metal All Stars" plans to tour South America later in 2014.
metalallstarssetlist.jpg

metalallstarssofiaposter.jpg

More...