zildian 16 " china hi and 8" sabian stage bell samples

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
would anyone be interested in these samples? I could easily make some. I have quite a few mics, so I could use a variety of setups.

so, If anyone wants me to make samples, let me know, I will if there is enough interest.

also, any requests as to what kind of mic techniques, and how much variance between hits?

I'd be quite interested, especially the bell. I can't get enough of those types of cymbals. Maybe three hits per cymbal for round robin hits, and possibly more than one velocity per each round robin sample. That might be a lot of work, but if you're willing, that would be great! Stereo in spacial position, rather than mono is what I'd prefer. I can't speak for anyone else. I think that tends to sound more natural than mono then panned and reverb added.

24bit, 44.1 seems to be the most desired bit depth and sample rate.

If you can do a stereo OH setup + room mic, that'd be great!

cool. i thought of you specifically dss3, I remember reading in another thread you said you preferred this mic technique for cymbal samples.

Im going to use 2 sdc`s for l and r oh`s and a ldc for a room mic. I might close mic the cymbals as well.

I`ll do this later today. I`ll include each mic separately and I will make a sample with combined tracks as well. Im gonna do like 6 hits, ascending in velocity. would that suffice?

be back later today with some samples guys

edit, im gonna make sure there isnt any phase issues when the tracks are combined to mono. that will be what makes or breaks the samples i think.