My first GOG file, is this China sample up to par?

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
Hey Guys, sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I recorded a band a while ago and did not have enough channels to mic the China separate so I have sampled it to drop in the samples. I have never sampled anything before let alone make a GOG file so feel free to download and use it and tell me what I have done wrong lol.

In all seriousness, is this sample any good? if not why?

Its a 20 year old, 20 inch Sabian AAX China multi sampled with round 30 different samples in the GOG from a gentle tap to a smash. Recorded with a Rode NT1000 through a Presonus StudioLive 16-4-2 desk. It has a gentle high pass filter on it otherwise no processing other than matching levels of samples within dynamic groups.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10584477/Sabian Custom China.gog

about 18MB in size.
Any Comments would be greatly received.

EDIT - .wav files added below.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am somewhat relieved to hear its ok.
I may just do a few more cymbal samples soon if you would like some more.
I have a 10" rude splash and a few different crashes and rides, I will see what I can do in a week or two.
Cheers.

PS
I have a holiday project over xmas to sample my friends Yamaha Oak custom kit. Loud as hell lol.
13", 14", 16", 18" toms, 22" kick and a Steve Gadd maple snare.
What is generally preferred round here, raw or processed samples?
I will post them when they are done.

slightly processed, depending on how overkill you go on them haha but judging by your china sample you should do a pretty decent job.

I dont have drumagog where I can use the gog files so I want to convert gog files to wav.

man.. wont you mind telling us how to convert .gog files to .wav? I have few gog files and I would like to use it in session drummer . session drummer 2 only accepts wav files for replacement any idea will be appreciated .. thnks

Not sure how. I created this GOG from .wav files, not the other way round sorry.
Try recording a few tracks using the GOG then bounce down and cut up the .wav file to make your own samples?

Hope this helps.

Cheers.