Zoom 505II

sweepking

Jul 18, 2002
Visit site
I have a Zoom 505II pedal, and I have been trying to find a Symphony X patch for it to no avail on the web. Does anyone here have one? I am hoping to get DWOT type rhythm and lead patches. I am also thinking about getting a Digitech RP100 to replace the Zoom...anyone here use one?

I have a digitech rp200. I think the difference between the two is mine has an assignable expression pedal on it. I basically use it for when im just messing around in my bedroom and when I want to play quietly. It has a headphones jack on it. My regular amp doesn't. I sold one of my old amps to a friend of mine, and he gave me the rp200 to supplement some cash. I wouldnt own one otherwise.

First off, it is totally unreliable. The expression pedal likes to stop working for weeks at a time. I've seen local bands use it live, but I wouldn't trust it. For quality, I guess you get what you pay for. The only model I can judge the accuracy of is the rectifier b/c I own one. It sounds like a very cheap imitation, even through the actual rectifier. As far as amp modeling goes, you're better off getting a Johnson Jstation or a Line6 POD.

RR1, I have an rp200 as well, and I don't think it's as bad as you have made it out to be. I've only had minor problems with it that I fixed myself, but I agree the amp modeling sucks. Then again, for 150 dollars, it's a lot of pedal for the money. The PODs are better but way more expensive and I don't like the J-Station too much.

So anyway, do you have any Symphony X patches on your pedal? Or just some cool tones, whatever. This is my main metal tone (with my amp settings on all in the middle)

Comp fast gain6 amt20
Stack gain99 level whatever
bass 8 mid-7 treb12
dark1 silence thresh10
chorus amt 20 level 19
mono 1 170ms fbk10
garage reverb dcy36 lvl48

Yeah! I do actually have a tone I use for Symphony X, but I haven't really had time to tweak it with any effects or compression. I called it MJR ;)

I've got this tiny 8" Gorilla amp with a volume, treble and bass knobs. Through that monster, it actually does a decent job, but if I run it through my computer, it sounds bad. Anyway heres what i use.

Amp HiGain Gain 99 Level 99
EQ Bass 3(I use the amps knob) Mid 0 Treb 11
Cab off
Effects off
Delay off
Reverb Church decy 14 level 23

And i'd have to say the stack model is probably the best IMO for just an all around metal sound. It's also what i use for my 'main' metal tone too.

That's a pretty cool patch. Try it with full compression and a cabinet setting. I think Brit 3 sounds pretty good for Romeo's tone. Actually, my favorite feature on the RP200 is the cabinet settings.. That way, for every amp, there are 12 more completely different tones you can have. I rarely don't use the cabs when I'm making my own patches.