Zulu!

Gregger

Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
OK, who watched Zulu! yesterday?

And who cranked up Thin Red Line afterwards!

Fucking awesome, put that one back in the set list I'd say

Zulu is a top film....

However, i still think the part of the Preacher should have been played by Frazer out of Dad's Army, you can see the seen now.....

The soldier on guard (Pike) standing in front of the door guarding the slightly drunk Preacher.. from behind the door comes those immortal words
" You're Doomed, all Doooomed! Laddie. Doooomed I tell ye, all Dooomed!"

he he he!!
I really think they should have used all those characters from that classic comedy and done a real send up of the film...you can get all the characters in there.

But yes also agree, Thin Red Line, top song. If Biff keeps his word we should have a set of Old Classics and then some newer songs in a two part set either this part of the tour or a later tour. We shall have to see i guess.

Yeah - a really cool film! I loved it as a kid and love it as (I think) an adult!

As a kid, I remember asking my Mum what all this 'Line' business was when the English shot their guns. When she explained and showed me a few pictures, I was so chuffed to be English!

Biff did mention the 2-part set, and I have a feeling that this will become a reality soon! The band have more than enough classic material and the energy is still there in abundance!

'Thin red Line' wicked! awesome tune, never really been out of my playlist!

And...yeah that Zulu film is a good laugh

'Thin Red Line' is kind of a forgotten one within all the great material Saxon have done over the years.
Biff and the lads did not really play much from 'Unleash' on their last visit, except for the title track. If they do this 2-part set, I'd love to have 'Thin Red Line' back. It's only a song that Saxon could do - it's in that 'Crusader' and 'LionHeart' mould, ya know?

Yeah know what you mean, like so many great SaXoN tunes....you just listen and think "yep, thats Saxon !!" and most importantly its Saxon just being Saxon not going at all with any trends like most other bands do.

Gregger said:
OK, who watched Zulu! yesterday?

And who cranked up Thin Red Line afterwards!

Fucking awesome, put that one back in the set list I'd say

Crikey greggar! Do you ever do any work or do you just spend your time on the Saxon web pages.

Anyway you aren't a saxon fan having seen your critical review of the Lionheart album which I know is a fine album (probably saxon's finest) even though I haven't heard it yet cos you ain't taped it for me!

As for being proud to be English (as we should rightly be) don't forget readers, that the men at Rorkes Drift were mainly Welsh.

Thin Red line though - belting track. but how saxon can then descend to the cringing Crimson King I'll never know!

Saint Ade

How come yoy promote yourself from a Knighthood to a Sainthood in one posting?And remember, home taping is killing music!

Tight lines

Gregger said:
How come yoy promote yourself from a Knighthood to a Sainthood in one posting?And remember, home taping is killing music!

Tight lines

Who said I promoted myself?

Stock, Aitken & Waterman killed popular music. Home taping could give Biff another excuse to pen a track about being ripped off

SirSaint Ade

As for being proud to be English (as we should rightly be) don't forget readers, that the men at Rorkes Drift were mainly Welsh.
I'm afraid that is where you are wrong. As any school boy will tell you, the county designation of the 24th Regiment in 1879 was the 2nd Warwickshires. They didn't change their title to the South Wales Borderers until 1st July 1881 - two years after Rorke's Drift! Plus, no-one sang Men of Harlech as the regimental march in 1879 was The Warwickshire Lads.

Admitedly the 24th did contain a higher than average proportion of Welsh recruits by 1879 (as the main Regimental Depot had been established at Brecon, in South Wales, in 1873) but the Welsh contingent made up no more than 15% of the total. In fact, the majority of men at Rorke's drift seem to be Londoners.
:Smug: