ZZ Top Storytellers show

Thanks for the heads up, I loved early ZZ Top and their later stuff was amounst the best radio music of the times for me. Went to a great concert sometime in the 80's, must have been the Afterburner tour because I remember them fireing up some... afterburners

Thanks for the heads up, I loved early ZZ Top and their later stuff was amounst the best radio music of the times for me. Went to a great concert sometime in the 80's, must have been the Afterburner tour because I remember them fireing up some... afterburners

Cool. The early stuff is king. I just love Tres Hombres that album is fantastic...

I will be setting the DVR for this one. I agree with you Sixx, 'Tres Hombres' is a great album with great sound. Those first three tracks are just an awesome way to kick off that record. I hope Rubin can get these guys sounding like that again on the new CD.

I will be setting the DVR for this one. I agree with you Sixx, 'Tres Hombres' is a great album with great sound. Those first three tracks are just an awesome way to kick off that record. I hope Rubin can get these guys sounding like that again on the new CD.

I agree I hope the new album is great. They have been spotty at best since Eliminator.... The last solid album the released was "XXX." I hope they play more than one new cut on this tour with Aerosmith that's coming up in the fall...

they've only released 1 album since XXX which was 10 years ago. i love zz top though. saw them live about a month ago. i hate the fact they ignore any tunes they did after the 80's accept for "my heads in mississippi" and "pincushion"

they've only released 1 album since XXX which was 10 years ago. i love zz top though. saw them live about a month ago. i hate the fact they ignore any tunes they did after the 80's accept for "my heads in mississippi" and "pincushion"

The last album Mescalero was a mixed bag the songs that were great were really fucking great, the others not so much. The "live" stuff on "XXX" wasn't even live it was basically Billy jamming live in the studio, they inserted Dusty's vocals on "Teddy Bear" and the vocals that Jeff Beck added were recorded in a hotel room then added at a later time. If you can find the import single for "what's Up with that" there are a couple of killer live tracks from a club gig where they recorded "Stop Breakin' Down Blues" and "Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings" worth check out....

The last album Mescalero was a mixed bag the songs that were great were really fucking great, the others not so much. The "live" stuff on "XXX" wasn't even live it was basically Billy jamming live in the studio, they inserted Dusty's vocals on "Teddy Bear" and the vocals that Jeff Beck added were recorded in a hotel room then added at a later time. If you can find the import single for "what's Up with that" there are a couple of killer live tracks from a club gig where they recorded "Stop Breakin' Down Blues" and "Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings" worth check out....

zz top hasn't sounded "live" to me in a long time. when i saw them about a month ago i enjoyed it but it sounds so fake now