Church of Australian Metal

@Satanstoenail Nice stuff! Never heard of any of 'em, but I particularly connected with that Stiff Richards track. Will definitely be checking in on 'em.

Yeah I do like the newest C.O.F.F.I.N. tracks (the shit I shared) but their 2019 and 2020 albums, while okay, didn't exactly blow my socks off. Hoping this upcoming one will be the one that hooks me.

All these newer yobbo punk bands just make me wish The Vee Bees would record some new shit.

Also, the new Spectre EP is finally out, it's one of Will's (The Wizar'd) bands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satanstoenail
@Satanstoenail Nice stuff! Never heard of any of 'em, but I particularly connected with that Stiff Richards track. Will definitely be checking in on 'em.

Yeah I do like the newest C.O.F.F.I.N. tracks (the shit I shared) but their 2019 and 2020 albums, while okay, didn't exactly blow my socks off. Hoping this upcoming one will be the one that hooks me.

All these newer yobbo punk bands just make me wish The Vee Bees would record some new shit.

Also, the new Spectre EP is finally out, it's one of Will's (The Wizar'd) bands.

Yeah "Cut You Off" is the first song of theirs that grabbed my attention. Chorus is a mad hook.

Reactions: CiG
I believe the new C.O.F.F.I.N album is out today. Bandcamp hasn't been updated (still says May 24)
Hopefully they update bandcamp soon

I remember them from that last silly video you posted where the dude was driving around Perth burbs in that shitbox Corolla.

• Haha
I wonder if he bought the car from someone who wanted drug money because my wife's niece used to have a car like that, but she is further south.

The dude certainly has high energy. I reckon he'd need to play a big stage to get rid of all that energy in a single night. And those pants are stunning!

• Haha

New band out of Adelaide with a demo that rules. Sounds like "proto-brutal death metal" quite a bit. Blasting, death doom parts, vocals that sound a bit like Demilich etc.

thy art is murder kicked out their vocalist because he spoke out against pushing trans ideas on children. total fucking faggot bullshit

I like the way the initial reports said "the vocals on the new album have been replaced by someone and we're not telling you who it is."
Like someone actually gives a fuck

Geez there's some interesting pedigree in that band. Hobbs, Bestial Warlust, Corpse Molestation, No Remorse, British Steel.
I might have to dig into their back catalogue

Their early stuff can be a bit "one-note" at times, but if you're in the mood for a good bludgeoning to the head, they're good to chuck on. I used to blast their first album in the discman a lot in 2007/08.

Their second album in 2010 was good too but I lost track of them after that, and their next album wasn't until 2017. So yeah this new stuff coming out means I'll have to dig into their back catalogue too. Cranking that first album right now!

IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg

what awesome night at monsters of oz. the bands that performed are truly the torchbearers of australian metal!

Perhaps they could try lighting those torches.

87451659.jpg