Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Burning Earth

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Forged by Fire

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Allegiance

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
allegiance was okay IMO but all the leads on the earlier albums, especially forged by fire are kinda a step above allegiance.

Allegiance. I have not stopped listening to since my partner brought it. Forged By fire is my second favourate. I didn't even notice the firewind section of this forum. I will be posting on here every now and then. Great band.

Allegiance. I have not stopped listening to since my partner brought it. Forged By fire is my second favourate. I didn't even notice the firewind section of this forum. I will be posting on here every now and then. Great band.

GOOD! because this forum needs some active members except me and kirsty, cave-girl and sometimes sophia :rofl:

Allegiance...everything comes together here...a perfect combination of melody and heavy punch. And Apollo really impressed me...he fits Firewind like a glove and is definitely my favorite of their singers. I also dug the more prominent keyboard presence...at least it seemed that way to me :)

Allegiance...everything comes together here...a perfect combination of melody and heavy punch. And Apollo really impressed me...he fits Firewind like a glove and is definitely my favorite of their singers. I also dug the more prominent keyboard presence...at least it seemed that way to me :)

TAKE ME NOW!

Haha! Nah, do you know I STILL haven't voted on this. I like ALL the albums!!! Sake. I like them each for their different wee things.

Between Heaven and Hell is a classic album. The first album I heard by Firewind. Some amazing melodies on this one! Powerful songs like 'Destination Forever' (check the vocal harmonies...MOIST) and 'Warrior'! Closed with a lovely wee ballady song 'Who Am I?'. Also the fact I sang 'Between Heaven and Hell' practically onstage with Apollo means it has a special place in my heart y'ken?

Burning Earth...well what can I say!? There isn't a single song I'm not keen on in this album. I love songs like 'The Longest Day'. Meaningful as fuck and a wee bit of a change from the usual ripping riffs of Firewind. LOVE it. 'The Fire and the Fury'? Who can't like that!? It's just sheer guitar wankery...but classily done :p Bob Katsionis...genius. Can't really say much more about this! Just amazing.

Forged by Fire - Another truly astounding album. Another vocalist another album, eh? XD Apart from the fact I have the name of this album tattoo'd on my body...it doesn't mean it's my favourite! I just love the term. Forged by Fire is an amazing concept. 'Tyranny' anyone!?!? 'Tyranny'...anyone who rhymes 'free' with 'democracy' is a lyrical genius! I think this is an epic album. I really like the cover for the album aswell. Just another great piece of work!

Allegiance - Touch me? Apollo is POSSIBLY the best vocalist they've had. He is stunning aswell, which helps I guess! Easy on the eye. I like pretty much every song on Allegiance too! Not really overly keen on 'Before The Storm' though and I don't listen to 'Dreamchaser' much either =\ But seriously. The rest of the songs MORE than make up for it! 'Where Do We Go From Here?' MY GOD. LOVE it. Seriously. Most albums you skip a few songs. But I can easily listen to the first half of that album over and over without skipping anything! The bonus tracks 'Healing Tool' and 'Demon Nights' are also exceptional! I hope they have the same vocalist for the next coming album!

I expect an album for early 2008 though. Look at the dates of their current albums. 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006. AND GO.

Seriously though. Sorry for the above post....a bit long innit? And pointless? And I don't have much of a way with words, haha!

xx Kirsty

Damn kirsty :rofl: couldn't agree more just for this... I LOVE DREAMCHASER! it's one of the best on the album:D:D
And burning earth album beats ALL!!!!! and I really love chity's voice! Hate world hero is a really good song too.

I agree with what Kirsty wrote, except for the fact that The Fire And The Fury is "sheer guitar wankery". You obviously haven't heard guitar wanking dear, what is going on in that song is thoughtful and melodic playing, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from wanking.

Wanking would be the likes of Necrophagist, Anata and the likes... but Necrophagist is master of the wanking.

I agree with what Kirsty wrote, except for the fact that The Fire And The Fury is "sheer guitar wankery". You obviously haven't heard guitar wanking dear, what is going on in that song is thoughtful and melodic playing, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from wanking.

Wanking would be the likes of Necrophagist, Anata and the likes... but Necrophagist is master of the wanking.

OK...I didn't mean it like that.

Proper guitar wankery is like Yngwie Malmsteen.

I agree that it is thoughtful and melodic...but COME ON. Hefty showboating guitar skillz goin on :lol: What is that Bob? Playing guitar with one hand a keyboard with the other!? YOU CHEEKY BITCH!!!!!!

xx Kirsty

Don't get me wrong though... I loooooove wanking! Absolutely love it... Then I also like guitar wanking XD

me too :rofl: but still.. DF live is like.. a crack in your tooth!
No talking of "Ear"gasm there ^^ and kirsty.. I love your suggestion of them playing drunk ^^

but I have a question for you guys.. what you call Firewind? Power or heavy metal? Myself I call it heavy metal as well as gus does in interviews and stuff.. but EVERYONE who not are so in for metal call it powermetal here in sweden whattafakk!
so what do you call it?

and I wouldn't call it that progressive either.. not allegiance album, it's really commercial or how it's spelled:S :rofl:

I would call it melodic metal. It's not heavy metal per se, and neither is it power metal (I know that Bob is big on the power metal when we had a talk about Angra, while Gus isn't too much into it). You can clearly here the old heavy metal/rock influences in Gus' playing, Apollo's singing isn't exactly power, then on the other side you've got the drumwork by Mark who played with Helloween and Metallium so you've got the obvious power metal influences...

So Melodic Metal it is.

I would say Heavy Power Metal. But I don't see why the should be stuck to the one genre. They aren't *insert type of metal here*. they are FIREWIND.
/end.

I'm a MASSIVE power metal fan, and Firewind are my FAVOURITE band, and I would definitely say they have very strong power influences but there are a lot of old school metal qualities in their music.

xx Kirsty