Movies/series thread

Evil Dead and Terminator come to mind. Kill Bill also, love both of them, but I guess it was just part 2 and not a sequel.
Men in Black is unremarkable and I don't think I'll ever watch it.

Home alone 2
Back to the future 2
Batman returns
The dark knight

While it may have sucked, it's certainly better than any other movie in the franchise. But yeah, superhero movies are fucking stupid.

Reactions: Lifemocker
Blade 2 was more badass than the 1st
Matrix reloaded had more epic fights
Godfather 2 you broke my heart Fredo

The tone was great, Ledger's Joker was awesome, but Batman was a complete moron and the plot contrived.

I don't like Star Wars all that much, not even the old ones (in fact I like the prequels better) and I never planned to go see the new movie but of course for the luls I gotta know what they came up with. Below are quotes from wikipedia's plot summary.

Through the Force, Kylo tells Rey that she is Palpatine's granddaughter
Palpatine rejuvenates himself by absorbing the life essence of Rey and Ben. He incapacitates Ben and attacks the Resistance fleet with Force lightning. A weakened Rey hears the voices of past Jedi, who lend her their strength; Palpatine attacks her with his lightning, but Rey deflects it using the Skywalker lightsabers, killing him. Rey dies soon after, but Ben sacrifices himself by using the Force to resurrect her

What the fuck is this shit :lol: :lol:

Since polacks and other retards were hyping witcher for a long time and today it premiered I watched the first episode.

Orcs look great.
It takes some serious skill to contain one story from the book in 10 minutes of series and 7-8 scenes in total.
It's also a fantastic idea to fuck up the chronology from the beginning.

- Lmao, if Nilfgaard is smart they wont attack cintra, besides, theyre not even close
*1 minute passes ans huge negro named Danek (it probably sounds ridiculous only for polacks but whatever) comes in and informs:
- My queen, Nilfgaard is here

Eye contacts from aliexpress. I dont know if people rtesponsible for costumes ever saw a living human, but human pupils react to light and iris reflects the light. Ciri looks like a fucking machine with those eyes and the same will probably happen to Yennefer.
Its laughable that theyre like "We care about the source material so much we even order cheap contacts for low tier cosplayers to get the eye color right" and then they completely ignore skin color, niggerify 1/3 of the characters, ruin the chronology of the series and write stiff dialogues.

Also Geralt should take some medicine or elixir for his raspy voice.

Holy fuck this is a disaster and I could go on and on. And whats with this strange camera filter, that everything in the background + top and bottom of the screen is blurry.

It's official for me.

As much as I was prepared to say that polish witcher series was better for the sake of the meme...

It's fucking better. Budget is 10000x smaller, but as adaptation is far superior and has far better atmosphere.

I at least hoped that Netflix will have better CGI. Nope, after seeing trash CGI Satyr / Sylvan and this dragon abomination that was more like wyvern I'm still gonna say considering 20 years difference and budget difference CGI is on par with polish cgi.

And the dragon episode was the last I was willing to swallow. Dwarven midgets were a final straw for me. Im fucking done with this series and cancelling netflix, not sponsoring any more of shit like that, going back to piracy.

Disgrace.

I wish it was the worst thing about it. But then it also turned out to be the worst adaptation i've seen in a long time.

Doesnt change the fact that it still sucks, casting was bad. There are TONS of men that can do low angry voice naturally. This one is comically forced. My coworkers say they like it, so when the xmas break is over I'm sure as fuck growling at them until they admit they were wrong.

There's something about the show that kept me and my gf continue watching it. Maybe it's just a good enough show to watch when you're tired and don't want to focus too much, although the constant (and unexplained) time jumping made it a bit difficult to catch up with the story at first.
Also, what's up with the language? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a fantasy show, sometimes it's like the dialogue is taken from modern day 'murica.

I haven't read the books, and barely played through the tutorial/prologue of the second game, so it's probably easier getting past whatever errors the show has in comparison to the source material. Yennefer was definitely the favourite character though.
Hopefully some of the kinks will be worked out in the second season.