Poll:Have you tried drugs?

have u ?

• yeps

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • hell no!

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
If I wanted to, I could start a religious/spiritual cult that our gatherings consist of doing drugs and killing people. Anyone could. Think about it, is is that different than other religions? Sure, they don't go out and kill. But they do some things thinking it makes them more spiritual. What if this 'cult' existed (not saying it doesn't), and it was large. The people wouldn't know the difference because they are too fucking brainwashed. I mean shit, look at the Mormons.

NP: Queensryche - Empire

ah i guess i should have been more specific.

With the spiritual plants, these cultures have formed from using these plants as guides. Shamans a prime example.

They don't hurt anyone, but they seek guidance for their life, and problems in their lives.

Yes i suppose a "cult" like you said could be created. But I'm talking about spiritual religions that don't take others down.

Mormons, chrisitianity, catholic etc. all say do this or go to hell.
They ban substances from native tribes because they feel it brainwashes them.

The catholic church actually outlawed mescaline bearing cacti along time ago, because they thought made the users become possessed by the devil, They don't care about other beliefs but their own

actually roman church, but yeah im not sure of differences.
""This is a plant with which the devil deceived Indians...in their paganism, using it for their lies and susperstitions...those who drink lost consciousness and remain as if dead; and it has even been seen that some have died because of the great frigidity to the brain. Transported by the drink, the indians dreamed a thousand absurditities and believed them as if they were true..."

"the white man goes into his church house and talks about jesus; the Indian goes into his tepee and talks to jesus" Quanah Parker

I like that quote :)

Either way I still classify them as drugs, when others may not. For example, most potheads will say "Weed's not a fucking drug. It's natural". I know, a lot of my friends smoke weed. A lot of people will say that, mainly because weed's side effects aren't like fucking crack, coke, crack, heroin, etc. Sure if you smoke a shitload of weed everyday for a long period of time, you get stupid. But not like tweeking. A lot of my friends turned into tweekers. I don't interact with them anymore quite simply I don't have any respect for tweekers. Even a few of my old friends have been shooting up. Fuck that.

From weed to black tar heroin, for using drugs to get high or for religious purposes, drugs are drugs. Just in my opinion, if it's not legal or if the substance is being used for non-medicial purposes, it's a drug.

NP: Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun

marijuana is definitely a drug, it alters conciousness, it does something to the body whether people say good or bad. there is no argument over that.

ah cool, i can respect your opinion, but one more thing. Those tribes i spoke about, their use of spiritual plants, actually are medicine. They use it to cure what is wrong with the patient. Shamans are the experienced "medicine man" i suppose. Divination and healing.

whatsinaname said:
marijuana is definitely a drug, it alters conciousness, it does something to the body whether people say good or bad. there is no argument over that.

ah cool, i can respect your opinion, but one more thing. Those tribes i spoke about, their use of spiritual plants, actually are medicine. They use it to cure what is wrong with the patient. Shamans are the experienced "medicine man" i suppose. Divination and healing.

Then that's fine, at least it's used for medicinal purposes.

NP: Extreme - Rest In Peace

"Weed's not a fucking drug. It's natural".
hmm well maybe they have been smoking too much pot.

psilocybin, psilocin containing mushrooms,
mescaline and other alkaloid bearing cacti,
LSA plants,
DMT, toads, ETC ETC

yes they have lost the plot

"Then that's fine, at least it's used for medicinal purposes."

ah cool, but what happens when someone wants to practice such things in ones home? surely they should be allowed to since they have the same intentions, and these people are not your average "drug user", more than likely scientists of some sort

whatsinaname said:

ah cool, but what happens when someone wants to practice such things in ones home? surely they should be allowed to since they have the same intentions, and these people are not your average "drug user", more than likely scientists of some sort

There is a fine line between a 'user', and a 'experimentor'.

NP: Dream Theater - The Killing Hand

whatsinaname said:

Well, the way this is inputting into me, my last post was efficient enough. Maybe you could clarify?

NP: Dream Theater - Status Seeker

i just didn't completely understand what you meant, and they way i took it, it didn't seem to have relevance to my comment,
my mistake most likely.

Are you referring to the scientists as experimentors?

I meant alot of people in todays society who would use plants for spiritual guidance/medicine, would be scientists or people invovled in the religion, the former being the study of plants and historical/religious use, which these scientists would strongly believe in.

i hope that made sense

hmmm you've lost me, confused i am.
ah well good discussion none the less.

I'll leave people with this, it's natural for humans to explore and discover things,
drugs are even present in the animal world, i'm pretty sure some deer eat amanita mushrooms knowing the effect, since they go back again and again. The active alkaloid isn't broken down, even when effects are felt, so is passed in the urine...the urnine can be licked/drank for full effects yet again.

So animals are just as curious, as humans, believe it or not

i wonder why police aren't out scouring the forests trying to cuff those mind expanded deer, shame on them