The Game Thread

I don't play LoL anymore just because of the shitty community. They expect you to be a diamond league player in every god damn game. If you're losing, you're gonna get tons of shit from everyone, even your opponents. There's always someone to blame, there isn't even the option of "yeah, we kinda suck, they're better than us".

Me and a few friends got Civilization 5 and all of it's expansions during the steam sale. Soooooooooo much fun. We spent probably 8 hours the other night playing it. Don't think we finished one match either.

I don't play LoL anymore just because of the shitty community. They expect you to be a diamond league player in every god damn game. If you're losing, you're gonna get tons of shit from everyone, even your opponents. There's always someone to blame, there isn't even the option of "yeah, we kinda suck, they're better than us".

I like playing it, what I dislike is the noobs, people who intentionally feed and dont use their brain/ no teamwork etc..
like for instance when you die and opponent flees with 50 HP bcuz ur partner ran instead of doing some hits...

Also, let me know how Sleeping Dogs is, my friend really wanted me to play it, looked cool af but never got round to getting it.

Was tons o fun and a cool story, although incredibly ridiculous at times. Its a GTA clone where guns are suuuuper rare but your hand to hand is hundred times better, and you drive on the wrong side of the road... which I never got used to and was really annoying actually. Also, if you get it on steam, it will keep a score of various things you do and compare them to your friends. Somehow Ensi was able to drive for 1m 47s without fucking up and crashing into shit... the game CONSTANTLY reminded me of this, as I think my best was like 30 seconds. It didn't bother me that much, since my "jump kicking people to the face" score destroyed all of theirs.

Also looking forward to the Max Payne series. I played the first one way back when, and wanted to get into the second one but it wont ever run :(, tried various googling and errethang. I think Mass Effect 2 is next.

Finally. Dark Souls. Fuck that shit, so hard.

Was tons o fun and a cool story, although incredibly ridiculous at times. Its a GTA clone where guns are suuuuper rare but your hand to hand is hundred times better, and you drive on the wrong side of the road... which I never got used to and was really annoying actually. Also, if you get it on steam, it will keep a score of various things you do and compare them to your friends. Somehow Ensi was able to drive for 1m 47s without fucking up and crashing into shit... the game CONSTANTLY reminded me of this, as I think my best was like 30 seconds. It didn't bother me that much, since my "jump kicking people to the face" score destroyed all of theirs.

Ah great, will definitely acquire that one in the near future then.

I think Mass Effect 2 is next.

doitdoidoit

I love ME more than I should. Nearly at the end of 3 again. For the third time. Within the last year.

Finally. Dark Souls. Fuck that shit, so hard.

THIS. I don't give a fuck how hardcore you are, on some level it must be accepted by all that it is a grueling experience.

MY keyboard is a peice of trash, wireless AAA batteries. I've dropped it countless times and the batteries constantly come lose in the compartment. Playing anything mouse/keybaord right now is INFURIATING, and ME1 reminded me of that.. too lazy to get a new keybaord and don't want to get a wired one, I have enough wires all over my floor.

I do like the who character continue thing, it almost makes me want to go back and make a brand new one and start from ME1 :p. I played a Human Supremacist Renegade, but that lead me to being super mean to Tali and Garrus, who ended up being my favourites.

Hey everyone,
Any Civ5 players on CoBOT?

I prefer marathon settings so I don't play online, buy YYYEEESSS.

I think a lot of people start out super pro-human, all "REMEMBER MAI ROOTZ" but within a couple of hours realise how retarded that is and stop, which I think is more or less the point (peace and love and equality for everyone maaayyyyn). That said every time I replay the trilogy I play the exact same devilishly handsome male Paragon Soldier Shepard :lol:

Also, bought Sleeping Dogs on Monday (not old enough but didn't even get ID'd, good use of beard), holy shit this game is fun. And cool as fuck.

I think a lot of people start out super pro-human, all "REMEMBER MAI ROOTZ" but within a couple of hours realise how retarded that is and stop, which I think is more or less the point (peace and love and equality for everyone maaayyyyn). That said every time I replay the trilogy I play the exact same devilishly handsome male Paragon Soldier Shepard :lol:

Also, bought Sleeping Dogs on Monday (not old enough but didn't even get ID'd, good use of beard), holy shit this game is fun. And cool as fuck.

*ME1 Spoiler alert*

Since you lose one of the human team members anyway, its sort of impossible. I would have liked more options to play that way :p. It wasn't about the roots, it was more about to RP a super racists/fascist hillbilly soldier. I used to play a PnP RPG where most of Post-Apocalyptic USA was run by a fascist empire that killed all non-humans or magic users on sight :p.

Already giving up on Dark Souls, I beat the intro boss, and then there are like 4 different ways to go, and all of them are a wall of hard. So I have to figure out which way is the least hard. Getting used to the combat is one thing, but being lost in a 3D death maze is another.

Played my first match of Dota2 today. Will probably never play it again. It would have been pretty fun if it weren't for the kids whining about my every move. I made sure to let them know it was my first match too, but ffs... Are all Moba games doomed to have whiny little bitches for a community?

*ME1 Spoiler alert*

Since you lose one of the human team members anyway, its sort of impossible. I would have liked more options to play that way :p. It wasn't about the roots, it was more about to RP a super racists/fascist hillbilly soldier. I used to play a PnP RPG where most of Post-Apocalyptic USA was run by a fascist empire that killed all non-humans or magic users on sight :p.

Yeah I suppose so, you CAN do it but I guess there's a bunch of implied unseen racism that you just have to RP yourself :lol:
*sp0ilerz alert!* (and kill Wrex of course)

Already giving up on Dark Souls, I beat the intro boss, and then there are like 4 different ways to go, and all of them are a wall of hard. So I have to figure out which way is the least hard. Getting used to the combat is one thing, but being lost in a 3D death maze is another.

Don't go into the graveyard with the self-rez'ing skeletons. My friend spent like 3 hours dying trying to make them fall off the cliffs only for us to realise we had to go the other way :lol:

Also seriously, riding a motorcycle in Sleeping Dogs is one of the most simple but enjoyable things I've done in a videogame since God knows when. sogood.gif

Are all Moba games doomed to have whiny little bitches for a community?

Yes.

I have no experience with the Dota2 community but I do with the League Of Legends community. Full of whiny kids etc. If someone fucks up it's all your fault and if you fuck up it's you and your mothers fault.

I heard a saying once, pick your poison: Elitist idiots (Dota2) or whiny shitkids (LoL).

League is way more forgiving, and easier to learn. So I suggest you give that a try if you find Dota2 a bit intense. I tried it a bit but gave up lol.

I'm not even kidding, this is how the conversation went.

Me - Hey guys, this is my first match in this game. I'll try my best, but I'm sorry in advance.

Other player - It's okay, you have to start somewhere.

*5 minutes later*

Other player - Oh my god, Assassin, move in, try to kill them, stop fighting creeps. Why are you tele'ing to me?

Me - What part of "This is my first match" did you not understand lol?

Other player - You shouldn't play this game until you're good at it.

Had me so fucking annoyed. And that's the response I've always gotten in League as well. If anything, I find the community in League to be much more immature and childish. Still, so fucking dumb.

Hey everyone,
Any Civ5 players on CoBOT?

Whole day every day, baby! Even tho I think BNW is a shitty expansion. Honestly. Remove the trade routes and you will be at negative gold most of the times. Most of my games are on Emperor, even tho I have won several on Deity, and that's when I zerg rush, cause I don't see any other way to beat that shit. Immortal is a challenge and that's where I play right now.

I'm not even kidding, this is how the conversation went.

Me - Hey guys, this is my first match in this game. I'll try my best, but I'm sorry in advance.

Other player - It's okay, you have to start somewhere.

*5 minutes later*

Other player - Oh my god, Assassin, move in, try to kill them, stop fighting creeps. Why are you tele'ing to me?

Me - What part of "This is my first match" did you not understand lol?

Other player - You shouldn't play this game until you're good at it.

Had me so fucking annoyed. And that's the response I've always gotten in League as well. If anything, I find the community in League to be much more immature and childish. Still, so fucking dumb.

You are right these communities are shit. But the games are fun when you know the basics. I try my best just to ignore them, and it usually works. And yeah LoL community is childish as fuck, god.

Whole day every day, baby! Even tho I think BNW is a shitty expansion. Honestly. Remove the trade routes and you will be at negative gold most of the times. Most of my games are on Emperor, even tho I have won several on Deity, and that's when I zerg rush, cause I don't see any other way to beat that shit. Immortal is a challenge and that's where I play right now.

You still get the gold bonus for connecting your cities I'm pretty sure. I only most of one match since BNW, too man other games (and just started out XCOM). I like how the trade routs interact with different Civs in new ways, but I don't like how the different civs are still random asshats who will invade someone who has been there bff for a millenia all for the lulz.

You still get the gold bonus for connecting your cities I'm pretty sure. I only most of one match since BNW, too man other games (and just started out XCOM). I like how the trade routs interact with different Civs in new ways, but I don't like how the different civs are still random asshats who will invade someone who has been there bff for a millenia all for the lulz.

You get gold bonus if you build roads/railroads, but otherwise if you send caravans you only get food or production between your cities. Your best buddies who have no negative modifiers with you, decide to all the sudden embargo you, that's the best scenario :lol: