What you DIDN'T like about Infected Nations

I actually like Matt's vocals on this album better than the last. Hell, I'm glad Evile has a more mature release than ETG, it seriously sets them apart from the rest of the NWOTM. Most of the New Wave bands throw more of a punk mix into their sound, they take a couple of their favorite bands and pretty much copy them. But Evile? They're taking all of their favorite bands, and have created their own sound IMO. I hear people say all the time "oh that part right there sounds like Metallica...look a Slayer part" then another person would say "oh look, Annihilator and Megadeth..."

With Evile, it's hard to pinpoint one or two influences, and it's easier to say (with Infected Nations) that they have their own sound.

Nae slating yr opinion but just showing how many "succesful" songs do it. It's not as if Matt ran out of ideas for lyrics or something.

SOME VOCALS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!

You got me on Damage Inc.

Hearing:

"Blood will follow blooooood
Dying time is heeeeere
Damage Incorporated"

in 10 seconds isn't the same as hearing Matt sing:

"Demolitoooon
Demolitoooon now"

for 20 seconds...

I actually like Matt's vocals on this album better than the last. Hell, I'm glad Evile has a more mature release than ETG, it seriously sets them apart from the rest of the NWOTM. Most of the New Wave bands throw more of a punk mix into their sound, they take a couple of their favorite bands and pretty much copy them. But Evile? They're taking all of their favorite bands, and have created their own sound IMO. I hear people say all the time "oh that part right there sounds like Metallica...look a Slayer part" then another person would say "oh look, Annihilator and Megadeth..."

With Evile, it's hard to pinpoint one or two influences, and it's easier to say (with Infected Nations) that they have their own sound.

This. Over and over.

I think the vocals on ETG were much better than they are on Infected Nations. They sound too cookie monster-esque

Honestly?
The middle songs stretch on for a tiiiiiiiny bit too long, but other than that (and that My Parasite clicks) I find nothing wrong with this album. It literally is perfect.
Better than Crack the Skye even. Album of 09 in my opinion.

I think the vocals were a bit too sabbath/ozzy-ish in the sense that they just kinda followed the guitar riffs a lot. "Some vocals heeeeeere" just following those 4 slow notes. In comparison to something like "A Lesson in Violence" where the vocals are just all over the place and occasionally follow the guitar a tiny bit, that is.

I also think this album would be a lot better live. Not that there shouldn't be a studio album or anything I think they just sound better live.

But that's all.

Bad side. I found it very hard to get into. Something i had to sit down and force myself into, but not in a bad way. It was just very musically different. Its not like putting on an orange Goblin album where you get into it straight off, reason for that is its simple and catchy. With Infected Nations you have to listen out more, its a grower. But when it grows its ace.

I thnk thats a good thing. Shows that it's thinking-mans music.

I haven't got anything bad to say about it really, though I have concern on how they can improve upon Infected Nations.

Needs moar crunch!

captain.gif

My basis for figuring out what I don't like about an album is whether or not I skip songs. With Infected Nations, I don't. Not a single song makes me go 'nah, not in the mood for this one' or 'oh god, not this one again'

Based on that, there's nothing I don't like about the album. It's standing up very well to repeat listens.

Honestly?
The middle songs stretch on for a tiiiiiiiny bit too long, but other than that (and that My Parasite clicks) I find nothing wrong with this album. It literally is perfect.
Better than Crack the Skye even. Album of 09 in my opinion.

Is it meant to click? Mine does to but Siobhan said hers doesn't :ill:

I think the vocals on ETG were much better than they are on Infected Nations. They sound too cookie monster-esque
haha are you serious???:err::rolleyes:

I quite like the change; I usually don't like it when a band stays the same for every album, too easy to get bored of the band. It's a nice change but a change up on the vocal tone from one song to the next is needed, would be my only criticism.

I do like the maturity this album gives off, and shows that Evile are a serious band and plan to be around for some time. Immature bands are a dime a dozen and never really last for a long period. It's one of the things that make Evile great. I've been follow since All Hallows Eve EP, and every album each member in the band has become stronger and better. You can hear the progression. You don't get that often from album to album. I can't wait for the next release to see where Evile will evolve

I like the old stuff, ETG is still a brilliant album and its got the energy that your talking about, but so have lots of things. Gamabombs stuff, municiple waste and theres only so much you can do with playing at a million miles an hour before it starts to sound the same.

Infected Nations is just a great album, like Slatanic said Metamorphosis and Genocide are really nicely layered and just work. You can always go back and listen to ETG you don't need a new album for an excuse to listen to it :p

On vocals I like both albums and when im in the mood for jumping around in my frontroom for the entertainment of whoever looks in the window, that's the sort of stuff I jump around to. Other times infected nations is better, also I can wail along to it :D