What's kicking your ass these days?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
So it occurs to me, it's been a while since I've gone to my mailbox in anticipation of a new CD waiting for me. It seems like 2006 has hit a lull. So I'm curious, if you had to list your Top 3 CDs of '06, what would they be? For me (in no order):

Vanden Plas - Christ 0
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Place of Skulls - The Black is Never Far

Zod

PYRAMAZE "The Legend of the Bone Carver"
VANDEN PLAS "Christ O"
SPHERIC UNIVERCE EXPERIENCE "Mental Torments"

I think 2006 so far has been disappointing overall especially compared to last year which was a great year in metal, IMO.

However, so far the best 3 albums of the year are:

1. Pyramaze - Legend of the Bone Carver
2. Attacker - The Unknown
3. Temple of Blood - Prepare for the Judgement of Mankind

The new tool is good? i was afraid to pick it up... the song on the radio was a bit weak, i am a Tool fan though.

BABS said:
OSI - Free
TOOL - 10,000 Days

Those are my most recent purchases.

I have been listening to old stuff mostly lately but have been listening to Byzantine and a little Decapitated and just started to check out Operation Mindcrime 2.

rottingflesh said:
The new tool is good? i was afraid to pick it up... the song on the radio was a bit weak, i am a Tool fan though.
Personally, I don't care for it. Loved "Aenima". "Lateralus" was too self-indulgent for my tastes. The new one is just dull. I begin to spin it, and I find that by track three or four, I'm not even cognizant that I'm still listening to it.

Zod[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I've discovered the wonders of post-rock, so I've been listening to a lot of Isis and Pelican. I actually saw Pelican and Mono live last thursday for $12, Mono was f'ing INTENSE live, I'll definitely pick up their albums sometime in the near future (next paycheck).

BlindPanzer said:
I've discovered the wonders of post-rock, so I've been listening to a lot of Isis and Pelican. I actually saw Pelican and Mono live last thursday for $12, Mono was f'ing INTENSE live, I'll definitely pick up their albums sometime in the near future (next paycheck).
Isis is amazing. Everyone should own "Panopticon". And one of the better live bands I've seen.

Zod

BlindPanzer said:

Post-rock is definitely one of my top three favorite genres. If you're into the heavier, sludgier post-rock like Isis and Pelican, I reccomend Red Sparrowes, Meanwhile Back in Communist Russia, and Boris (not post-rock, but sort of similar to Pelican).

Queensryche - OMII (It's growing on me still......)
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage (good band but in small doses only!!)
Gamma Ray - Majestic (brilliant!!!)
Sonata Arctica - For the Sake of Revenge (great great stuff!!!)

Sorry General......I broke the rules and named 4!!!

dcowboys311 said:
Post-rock is definitely one of my top three favorite genres. If you're into the heavier, sludgier post-rock like Isis and Pelican, I reccomend Red Sparrowes, Meanwhile Back in Communist Russia, and Boris (not post-rock, but sort of similar to Pelican).

Thanks I'll check it out. :wave: