What's kicking your ass these days?

I'm liking the new Vanden Plas a lot. The new Tool is pretty good, it's just that someone needs to tell them that there are other keys out there besides D, and that they should maybe try a few of them out.

BlindPanzer said:
I've discovered the wonders of post-rock, so I've been listening to a lot of Isis and Pelican. I actually saw Pelican and Mono live last thursday for $12, Mono was f'ing INTENSE live, I'll definitely pick up their albums sometime in the near future (next paycheck).

I saw the same concert in New York two weeks ago, and it was incredible, Mono was absolutely devastating and while Pelican still rocked, they could not follow up their performance. Get their latest one, You Are There, as their set is drawn heavily from that album. As for more post-rock recommendations, here's a great list I chanced upon a few days ago:
http://www.breeddifferentmedia.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11 (click on the three recommendation threads)

Astral Doors - ASTRALISM
Benedictum - UNCREATION
Vanden Plas - CHRIST O
Eidolon - THE PARALLEL OTHERWORLD
Jorn - THE DUKE

Not all 2006 albums but here's the top ten albums i've been spinning the most, in no particular order:

1. Leaves Eyes - Vinland Saga
2. EdGuy - Rocket Ride
3. Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
4. Threshold - Critical Mass
5. Pretty Maids - Future World
6. Cryonic Temple - Blood Guts & Glory
7. Shadow Gallery - Room V
8. Wuthering Heights - Far From The Maddening Crowd
9. Orphaned Land - Mabool
10. Savatage - Streets

Devin Townsend Band, Synchestra
Scar Symmetry, Pitch Black Progress
Amorphis, Eclipse

Thanks to this thread, though, I'm scribbling down the names of a lot of other new CDs that I need to buy. Soonly. :D

I just picked up Beyond Fear's debut album and it is definitely kicking my ass at the moment. :headbang: