BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 32 VOTING THREAD)

jimmy101

Sep 19, 2018
Round 1 results

Metallica (11) def. Sabbat (Japan) (5)
Whiplash (4) lost to Artillery (10)
Tankard (5) lost to Flotsam & Jetsam (9)
Morbid Saint (12)
def. Suicidal Tendencies (3)
Sodom (14) def. Invocator (2)
Demolition Hammer (9) def. Vektor (8)
Dark Angel (11) def. Holy Terror (6)
Deathrow (5) lost to Protector (9)
Kreator (14)
def. Num Skull (1)
Forbidden (7) lost to Rigor Mortis (8)
Heathen (12) def. Necrodeath (1)
Nuclear Assault (10) def. Believer (4)
Exodus (12) def. Aspid (3)
Annihilator (7) def. Warbringer (6)
Voivod (12) def. Infernal Majesty (5)
Anacrusis (11) def. Xentrix (4)
Megadeth (9) def. Destruction (8)
Possessed (11) def. Sacrifice (6)
Anthrax (6) lost to Hexenhaus (9)
Mekong Delta (12)
def. Exumer (3)
Overkill (15) def. Onslaught (1)
Despair (3) lost to Toxik (9)
Razor (15) def. Ripping Corpse (1)
Watchtower (11) def. Holy Moses (3)
Slayer (16) def. Incubus (1)
Sadus (13) def. Devastation (2)
Coroner (15) def. Death Angel (2)
Vio-lence (13) def. Exmortus (3)
Testament (9) def. Dream Death (8)
Sacred Reich (4) lost to Sabbat (UK) (10)
Sepultura (11)
def. Obliveon (5)
D.R.I. (8) def. Exhorder (5)

Total lists submitted: 17

With round one done & dusted it's time to move on to the round of 32. Sad to see bands with as much love as Vektor & Destruction bite the dust, but these decisions are just gonna keep getting tougher as we go on. Thankfully I didn't have to make any tie-breaking votes last round, but this round may very well be a different proposition. For the record, I included the list submitted by "Erecshyrinol", because I have no idea if they're really an alt or not.

Tournament bracket:

R1lPK1G.png

Round 2 match-ups

Metallica vs Artillery
Flotsam & Jetsam vs Morbid Saint
Sodom vs Demolition Hammer
Dark Angel vs Protector
Kreator vs Rigor Mortis
Heathen vs Nuclear Assault
Exodus vs Annihilator
Voivod vs Anacrusis
Megadeth vs Possessed
Hexenhaus vs Mekong Delta
Overkill vs Toxik
Razor vs Watchtower
Slayer vs Sadus
Coroner vs Vio-lence
Testament vs Sabbat (UK)
Sepultura vs D.R.I.

Righto then, let's let the pigeons amongst the cat, or some shit. Remember to DELETE THE LOSING BAND!

dZfQZhm.jpg

They were actually losing at one point when I was counting the votes. If it wasn't for a late rush of votes towards the end they wouldn't have made it through. Guess they got in by the Skin o' their Teeth.

Metallica
Morbid Saint
Demolition Hammer
Dark Angel
Rigor Mortis
Nuclear Assault
Exodus
Anacrusis
Megadeth
Hexenhaus
Overkill
Razor
Sadus
Vio-lence
Testament
Sepultura vs D.R.I.:erk:

Man, a lot of these are just a coin toss or whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Might still change a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy101
Round 2 match-ups

Metallica
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Protector
Kreator
Nuclear Assault
Exodus
Voivod
Possessed
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Razor
Slayer
Coroner
Testament
Sepultura

I really like Sabbat, which helped me vote against Metallica last tound but not this time.

Either way, very strong list of bands left.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy101 and CiG
Annihilator are pretty much sidewalk/pleb thrash outside of a few songs. I know some of the "guys" here think its some kind of badge to say they dont like "modern" thrash and automatically shit on younger bands, but the fact is that Warbringer completely annihilate annihilator and wannabe kvlt posers on this forum will continue to be wannabe kvlt posers.

Annihilator are pretty much sidewalk/pleb thrash outside of a few songs. I know some of the "guys" here think its some kind of badge to say they dont like "modern" thrash and automatically shit on younger bands, but the fact is that Warbringer completely annihilate annihilator and wannabe kvlt posers on this forum will continue to be wannabe kvlt posers.
Annihilator is one of the worst thrash bands that got some degree of recognition/fanbase. Pure fucking garbage.

Tbh people probably voted against Warbringer because you like them.

I don’t think Annihilator is the worst thrash band ever but they’re definitely nowhere near most of the bands on this list.

Cry moar and pretend like you don’t cheat these stupid games too.

i love how you just keep projecting yourself onto others. Thats something you seem to do quite often here you transparent fat fuck. I never cheated on any of these games and i would NEVER change my rating based off what lame cunts like yourself think. What makes you think that i would be okay with using tactics that i honestly think are cringeworthy? Again, are you mistaking me for someone like yourself who has no backbone? Last time your bitch ass cried about me supposedly cheating so i even went ahead and pulled out of the following round just to make sure i wouldn't win. One of the times i even went ahead and gave points out to others while i stayed out of the round, which literally made sure i didnt win. stupid fucking bitch

Metallica
Flotsam & Jetsam
Sodom
Dark Angel
Kreator
Nuclear Assault
Exodus
Anacrusis
Megadeth
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Razor
Slayer
Vio-lence
Testament
D.R.I.

Reactions: jimmy101
Metallica
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Dark Angel
Kreator
Heathen
Exodus
Voivod
Possessed
Hexenhaus
Overkill
Razor
Slayer
Coroner
Sabbat (UK)
Sepultura

Hardest pick was Possessed over Megadeth. But, I really only enjoy Peace Sells and a random selection of other songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy101 and CiG
Damn looks like Protector is going out this round. I like Dark Angel plenty but I’ve really been hitting Protector’s first four albums and eps hard lately. Great lesser known band.

Metallica
Morbid Saint
Demolition Hammer
Dark Angel
Kreator
Heathen
Exodus
Anacrusis
Megadeth
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Watchtower