Skrillex Drum Cover Mix

Thanks guys! Yeah the floor tom is a bit OTT lol.

The Tom are slates Metal Tom samples from Trigger. I used them through SSD 4.0 and honestly most of the power from them comes from the room mics which have CLA DRUM on the rock room setting (i'm sure it's called that) then I upped the compression to "WALL" and pushed the bar up until it hit. I should have set the gate higher but it's online now, only had a couple of hours to get it up.

The snare is the real snare (top / bottom) and another of slates snares. I blended that with 2 of Sneap's snare samples and one of Colin Richardson's snares. I can't pass those about tho i'm afraid otherwise i'd be strung up. I layer together the real snare (top / bottom), SSD snare (top / bottom), 3 single layer samples run through SSD 4.0 so I get the velocities in there and ride those on fills. I set the single samples to fast attack to they don't sound too compressed. I then have a send on all my snare tracks routed to the NEVE and also route the outputs of the tracks into 2 aux's with different compression on each (basically parallel compression), also with one of the aux's distorted to get some harmonics on the snare and push it through the mix, and then route those outputs to the same channel on the NEVE. Seems to give it a good blend of "real"/triggered.

I routed it all through a NEVE 8816 and then through some pretty serious mastering compression to make it slam like the track.

Cool video! Some Twixtor ghosting in slow motion bits but other than that very nice. :) Good tones!