Skrillex Drum Cover Mix

interesting cover but saying what drums you miced is kind of irrelevant if you replace them with Slate. Also, you seem to be a pretty solid drummer, why are all your samples on 127? There is such a thing as dynamics in playing drums ;)

interesting cover but saying what drums you miced is kind of irrelevant if you replace them with Slate. Also, you seem to be a pretty solid drummer

He's not the drummer in the vid, he just did the mixing according to the credits at the end.

why are all your samples on 127? There is such a thing as dynamics in playing drums ;)

Who cares what things are set at, as long as it works and it sounds good, stick with it. ;)

...There is such a thing as dynamics in playing drums ;)

...since when?

troll.png

lol True. There's dynamics in the drums in fact. I always use them. I spend hours going through and editing the quite drum "drags" he does in the intro etc. I used some single layer samples on the snare though as it makes it sound really solid. The rest are multi samples, but they generally range between 110 - 127 in velocity.

With the sound of the track, the drummer wanted everything loud and triggered so that's what I did with this one.

And I mentioned the mics used because they're all blended in. The real snare is pretty loud in the mix, also the overheads are all real, as is the hi-hat. Just showing what you can do with a really basic record of a kit by translating the hits to midi and then creating your own room mics.