SOB official now playing thread

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
What bands have you been digging lately?

My list:

Mael Mordha Gaelic doom metal, we just played with them and they are brilliant! Those boys can drink too lol!

Novembers Doom What can I say, They are awesome!

Virgin Black Best new album this year, by a long shot!!!!

Keen Of The Crow Ex Morgion band slaying death/doom with melodic overtones!

Dodheimsgard New album from these bm legends is just amazing!

Mar De Gresis Chiliean Death/Doom with very different approach!

My Shameful Beautiful Funeral Doom from Finland I believe

Daylight Dies - Awesome East Coast melodic death/doom

My Dying Bride Their new album just blew me away, it took some time to get into, but man it is amazing!

Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir (TOP NOTCH ALBUM GUYS!!!)
Mael Mordha - Culain Tarb (I need to get the new one, I've heard it, and it owns!)
Hordes of Yore - Of Splendor and Ruin
Converge - Caring & Killing
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja [2003] (FANTASTIC Pagan Folk Metal!)
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element I (finely polished prog metal at it's best)
Arsis - United in Regret (tech death doesn't get much better then this)
Darkane - Layers of Lies (thrash/death, this band NEVER ceases to amaze me)

:headbang: :headbang:

Recently playing:

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the comatorium
Bohren & der club of gore - Black Earth
Enslaved - RUUN
aphex twin - drukqs]
Wolves in the Throne room -Diadem of 12 stars
Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of unknown origin
Dire straits - Brothers in arms
Blue Phantom - Distortions
Popol Vuh - Hoisanna Mantra
Elbow - Asleep in the back
The Gault - Even as all before us

Wow, some very unique, and obscure bands mentioned here.

Hey Affinity, are a lot of those bands you mention local, cause I have never heard of half of them. I will indeed seek them out. The Enslaved is awesome, I just saw them live last month, a killer show by the way!

And Sin, I haven't heard the new PP tree, how is that?

Mark- I din't know you had the Hordes Of yore, How is that, I need to hear that. I was just so broke at HC2 that I didn't have the money to by that. I have the new Mael Mordha, and it is brilliant!

Evergrey huh, I need to give them another listen, because this isn't the first time you mentioned them online.

Ha ha ha, Man, I miss him, I loved that show, but when he moved I lost him. I hear things are going well!

Yeah, they are. The show has gotten back to where it once was before the FCC crackdown. It's not all profanity though. But it is nice to hear them have an adult dialog about the latest news issues, interviews, and things without being worried about being fined.

The whole satellite service is great. I've been a subscriber since 12/25/05, and have loved every minute of it. It's well worth the price.

Wow, some very unique, and obscure bands mentioned here.

Hey Affinity, are a lot of those bands you mention local, cause I have never heard of half of them. I will indeed seek them out. The Enslaved is awesome, I just saw them live last month, a killer show by the way!

Nah man.. The only one thats impossible to get hold of (idownloaded it ha..i hate downloading things is blue phantoms - distortions)

Couple of the bands are german, some are english and the others are american. They arent huge bands, but they are definately worth checking out, especially wolves in the throne room and the gault if you like dirgey sounding metal. Other than that i just buy alot of music that ive never heard before :p

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the comatorium -
Enslaved - RUUN
aphex twin - drukqs]

Edit: Ive wanted to see enslaved for so long you bastard.

Nah man.. The only one thats impossible to get hold of (idownloaded it ha..i hate downloading things is blue phantoms - distortions)

Couple of the bands are german, some are english and the others are american. They arent huge bands, but they are definately worth checking out, especially wolves in the throne room and the gault if you like dirgey sounding metal. Other than that i just buy alot of music that ive never heard before :p

Enslaved - RUUN
aphex twin - drukqs]

Ha ha ha, I have seen them 3 times now!!!

It's funny each time they get more intoxicated lol!!!

They kick serious ass live!!!!!

I am going to search myspace some of those bands now!!!!

Dude, best one by far!!!!

I have a video of when my old band Mourndrear played with them on that tour! At that time no one knew what they sounded like or even what to expect, i will say that they blew us all away!!! lol. those were the days!

It is one of the best death metal albums ever recorded. The musicianship is nothing short of excellent.

I don't know much about Novembre. Just got Materia about 2 months ago and is the first I heard of them. Cool stuff. As for Anathema, same deal. I can't believe that I waited this long to get that album too. Awesome album. Very depressing. Gathering, I haven't heard something I didn't like by them since acquiring Anneke.

Enslaved - RUUN
aphex twin - drukqs]

WOW the Wolves band is pretty freakin good!

found them on GaySpace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10894259

Alt 4 and Judgment are tied in my book. Hardly anything can touch those two albums.

Lately, I've been listening to ALOT of Solitude Aeturnus and Dio-era Sabbath, in spirit of the 2 awesome shows I'm going to soon.