Vektor - Outer Isolation

:lol: @ you guys .... this is clearly a rehash of old thrash ... again not bad at all, but not worthy of worship.

vocals are the Atheist connection for me.

i don't know if you noticed but I am pitching young new bands lately ... Ulcerate, Ass Borer, etc. ... rectum themed bands.

one thing i could never approve of is rehash of old shit by NEW young bands ... i can appreciate the effort and energy but come up with your own style.

How could I disagree with what you have said. It's all spot on. Probably one of the reasons why I have strayed to other musical areas. Show me individuality, ingenuity, and hardcore creativity while being very honest, and I'm fucking there. Otherwise, zzzzz.

Coroner was a hit and miss for me ... they had some good songs that flowed but overall I was not a big fan of their disjointed style.

here ... you want blistering thrash with annoying vocals? ... :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, not sure where Nate heard Voivod in their sound ... their logo looks like the old Voivod logo ... but there is no Voivod in the music.

THIS is Voivod

This is what song hooked me to Vektor. @2:00-2:25!

Plus, I love science fiction done well in metal. With Vektor, the really make me feel like they aren't playing thrash just to play thrash, but to actually keep an atmosphere, similar to what Nocturnus does.

Nocturnus ... there's another terribly overrated band. Browning is a terrible, terrible drummer.

We caught these lads last night, tighter than the vaginas that BWD taps on a daily basis. Nothing beats a pure metal gig in front of a scant audience after arising from a vicodin induced coma. Though the 4 impish bints who stood before us playing spirotext did encroach upon my mood. Goat damn do I hate technology, do people no longer have the attention span to sit through one fucking song before checking their cellular phones? One mantequilla faced sow in particular kept locking her iphone, only to unlock it seconds later to update her status. At one point I turned to my left only to view 3 Portlandia types all texting away in sync. What the fuck? Completely fucking distracting and an overall mood killer. Not big on the arse fucks who use their devices to record shotty footage for subsequent youtube postings either. Leave your shit in the car you fucking cankers!

A little disappointed that Vektor didn't play Tetrastructural Minds, really was expecting them to close out with that gem. Surprise of the night was the opening act ExMortus, which we only caught the tail end of. Quite a shame, as they totally pissed on Witchaven who came after them.

Check it.