5150+ on Revalver III. My best tone so far.

One more question, what's the TC Works EQ for if you're using the Sonor EQ for the high and low pass on the guitars?

Mind telling us what's going on in that TC Works EQ for us that don't have it and can't load the preset?

Well, i'm sorry about the weird EQ i use :D

The TC EQ is for shaping the tone i like and the Cakewalk one is for the filters. That's because a reason:

When i jam i want a real time processing EQ (TC Electronics) but when i record i want to get rid of the white noise of the Revalver III, so i have to use an extra EQ AFTER the plugin to filter the bursts away from the mix.

I'd use the TC for both shaping my tone and filtering but the problem is the noise bursts can only be eliminated after the plugin.

For the bass... mmm... can't remember, one moment please I'll check it and post.

See ya!

Cool. Thanks for the response. Any chance of seeing a screenshot of the TC Works. My Revalver sounds like poop and yours sounds awesome!

Ok, bass settings are a bit of a mess (even more than guitars but not as much as the kick :rofl:):

I use the HardcoreBass plugin with the Lakland Finger Deep (LFD Hardcore 2)

I routed the bass to a mixer channel and used an EQ and then compressor.
Then i sent that channel to the Master AND to another mixer channel as well.

In the second mixer channel, i processed the aready compressed and clean bass sound with an EQ, Overdrive, a 8x10 impulse i got from somewhere i don't know (probably this forums) another compressor to equal the dinamics of the distorted sound with the clean one, then a post EQ to boost some mids. THEN i sent everyting to the Master bus as well.

A bit messy but I'll show some pics so maybe u can figure it out better.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2835/basssettings1or9.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9672/basssettings2xg4.jpg

I don't know how i haven't gone mad with all that mess :erk: :D

haha, actually I wanted to write something about the snare first...
hmm, I like the character of it, it just sounds somewhat weirdly ambient and mushy, dunno, could be the lack of highend though...
is the snare just Superior or did you add some samples?

Well, I know shit about mastering :D

I'm afraid this question has been asked a zillion times but.... Would you recommend me any thread or tutorial or whatever that could illustrate me somehow in the arts of mastering? :D

Thanks for the replies! If anyone of you have any idea on what to do to the snare it would be more than welcome! :p

Cya!

Edit: Ok, nvm about the silly question about mastering beggining, i only needed to search (i thought i would be harder to find something useful among trash) and i found lots of useful pages. :D