A good band on the radio called Shinedown

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
I was listening to the radio station up here (KGB fm) and I heard a song and I was just stunned by how awesome it was. This is so high above the ranks of modern radio friendly mediocraty (sp?) you would normally hear, it suprised me. Anyway, after catching the name of the band (Shinedown that is) and the song I did my best to find more music from them but my computer hard drive went kapoot and I just my DL software up and running today. The song was "Fly From the Inside". Their album is called "Leave a Whisper" and there is no weak track on this thing. If you are not afraid of admitting to liking more commercial stuff, I highly suggest this band. The singer has some VERY (old ala Soundgarden) Chris Cornell moments, and sounds a little bit like the singer from Ra as well. Very emotional music that you can tell they put much effort into that comes across with a high amount of energy. The vocal melodies are killer and the lyrics are very introspective. I like a lot.

The band: Shinedown
The album: Leave a Whisper

Hah, that's interesting, they started out as a local band from my home. Anyway, Shinedown when I heard on the radio was the only song on the radio that I ever actually liked enough to download. I might get the album once I hear the other songs.

-Kronikle

Shinedown has been getting a lot of airplay on WCCC - the only rock station in CT - or that reaches CT . They opened up for Staind [...], heard they ruled. Fly from the inside is a decent song , hell of a lot better than regular radio..

and - and . on this same FM station - Toad's Place Commercial...

Sunday November 16, Dimmu Borgir, and the VERY next night - November 17 - Symphony X ..

I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG! Whee!

thought you might like to hear that some of you .

this morning i was in my room and my sister started playing a cd that caught my attention . i asked her what it was and she said it was shinedown. the song i heard had a really good chorus and a good singer